雙語美文:這就是信仰的力量

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友三級

積分
amy123 發表於 2018-10-31 09:21 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
As we slowly drove down the street on that cold December evening we spotted the porch light. "This must be the house." I told our "Positive Teens In Action" group. We pulled up in front of an older home with the porch light glowing. We gathered up our song books, walked up the steps, and knocked on the door. We heard a faint voice from inside say, 「Come on in. The door is open." We opened the door.
在那個寒冷的12月份的夜晚我們開車在路上慢慢行駛時看到了門廊的燈光,我跟我們這個「積極行動的青年小隊」說:「一定就是這家了。」我們把車停在一棟舊房子前,門廊燈光很亮。我們拿出歌集,走上台階敲了敲門,聽到裡面傳來一個虛弱的聲音:「進來吧,門開著呢」,我們推開了門。

There in a rocking chair sat an elderly woman with a big smile on her face. "I've been expecting you." she said weakly. Ruth was one of our Meals On Wheels stops I had arranged; along with the usual church members who enjoyed carolers. We handed Ruth the basket of goodies the teens had assembled earlier that evening. Then I asked Ruth what carols she would like to hear. Ruth's face was beaming as she joined in singing each song.
搖椅上坐著一位老太太,臉上帶著燦爛的笑容,她虛弱地說:「我一直盼著你們來。」Ruth的家是我安排的上門送餐服務的一站,和我們一起來的還有喜歡唱聖歌的常去教堂的人。我們遞給Ruth一籃子美味的食物,都是我們這些年輕人那天晚上提前裝好的。然後我問Ruth她想聽什麼聖誕頌歌,她跟著唱每首歌時臉上都洋溢著笑容。

As we hugged Ruth good-bye she said to me with tears glistening in her eyes, 「The day you called I was still in bed. I had just finished praying. I asked God if it would be possible to have some Christmas Carolers come to my home and sing this year. Thank you for being the answer to my Christmas prayer."
我們跟Ruth擁抱說再見時,她眼睛里閃著淚光對我說:「你打電話那天我還躺在床上,剛剛做完禱告,我問上帝今年能否讓唱聖誕頌歌的人來我家唱頌歌。感謝你使我夢想成真。」

Wow, what an awesome experience to have the opportunity to be the answer to someone's Christmas prayer.
哇哦,能使別人的禱告得以實現是多棒的一次經歷呀。

Bible Text: When you pray, go to your room, close the door, and pray to your Father who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what you do in private, will reward you.
《聖經》原文:祈禱時要去房間里,關上門向無形的上帝祈禱,上帝看見你在秘密祈禱,就會回報給你。

(翻譯:菲菲)
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-18 15:49

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表