雙語美文:有一種貧窮,叫做短視

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

二星貝殼精英

積分
dongfang111 發表於 2018-10-26 09:02 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
The team I work in just had 2 new interns, and I happen to be their supervisor .

我所在的團隊新來了兩個實習生,而我恰好是他們的主管。

After today's lunch break, I saw that one of them was reading things on her smartphone, maybe on some social network, I guessed.

今天午休過後,我看見他們中的一個正在悠閑地刷手機,可能是在上社交網路吧,我猜。

I went to her and said "There's another document here needing traslation. Do you have time to finish it for me?"

我走過去問她:「我這正好有一份文檔要翻譯,你有時間幫忙完成一下嗎?」

That document was not in her assigned workload. But I thought I could let her challenge herself a little bit with it, seeing that she seemed to have time.

這份文檔並不在她的工作量裡面,不過我看她似乎有空,就打算讓她用這鍛煉一下。

"Yes, I do have time." She said, "But I'm just an intern."

「有啊。」她說。「可是我只是個實習生啊。」

I didn't quite know what to say back then. After a while I mumbled "Right. Yes."

我當時突然不知道說什麼好,愣了一下說道:「哦,對。」

And I turned around and left.

然後便轉身離開了。

I recalled the time when I was an intern for the first time. I, too, managed to finish my workload so fast, just like her.

我想起了我自己第一次做實習生的時候,當時我也像她一樣,很快就把自己的工作量完成了。

So I asked my supervisor "Is there anything else that I can help?"

於是我就問我的主管:「還有什麼其他的事需要我幫忙嗎?」

And she happened to have a plan to make. But she didn't have time. So she let me do the research and make a draft for her.

正好,她當時有一份計劃要訂,但是時間不夠,於是就讓我先幫她查查相關資料然後擬個草稿。

I was not very familiar with the job but still tried to carry it out based on my understanding and make it as professional as possible.

我當時並不太明白那份工作,但還是試著按自己的想法做出來了,儘可能寫得專業。

And my supervisor was really satisfied with the draft. Later, she told me "You saved me a lot of time. I didn't need to create it from scratch."

主管對這份草稿很滿意。她事後說:「你幫我省了不少事,我不用從頭做起。」

And she told me in details how should I have done the plan differently. I learned a lot about the operation in the process.

並且,她還跟我細緻地講了這份計劃應該怎麼修改;而我在這個過程當中學到了很多有用的業務細節。

After that, she had come to trust me like completely.

在那之後,她開始給予我完全的信任。

I got my current job all because of her recommondation.

而我現在的這份工作,也多虧了她的引薦。

Yes, I was just an intern with a low salary. But I bought a better future with my extra labor.

是的,我當時只是個實習生,薪水只有一點點,但我用額外的勞力為自己買到了更好的未來。

There's a kind of poverty called short-sightedness.

有一種「貧窮」叫短視。
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-3-28 22:28

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表