主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友三級

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
amy123 發表於 2018-10-21 15:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
有時候,發生在你身上的事情看似可怕、痛苦和不公平,但仔細一想,你就會發現,如果不克服這些障礙,你就不會意識到自己的潛能、力量、意志和決心。下面的這則美文主角是雙目失明的男孩,一起來閱讀下內容吧:

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.
一個雙目失明的男孩坐在大樓前的台階上,腳邊擺著一頂帽子。他立了一塊牌子,上面寫著:「我是瞎子,請幫助我。」那帽子里只有寥寥幾枚硬幣。
A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.
一個路人從旁邊走過,他從口袋裡拿出幾枚硬幣,放在帽子里。然後,他拿起牌子,翻到另一面寫了些字。隨後他把牌子放回去,讓所有路過的人都能看見牌子上新寫的字。
Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked," Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"
很快,帽子里的錢就多起來了。越來越多的人把錢給這個失明的孩子。下午,改寫牌子的人回來看看情況,男孩聽出了他的腳步聲,問道:「您是早上幫我改寫牌子的人么?您寫了什麼?」
The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said, but in a different way. I wrote: 'Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it.'"
那人說:「我只是寫出了事實。我表達的意思和你一樣,只是用了另一種方式。我寫的是:『今天是美好的一天,而我卻無法看見。』」
Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?
兩個牌子都告訴人們男孩是盲人,但第一個牌子只是簡單地講述了這一事實;而第二個牌子卻告訴人們,他們是如此幸運,因為他們不是盲人。所以說,第二個牌子效果更佳,並沒有什麼好驚訝的不是嗎?
好了,以上就是「經典英語美文:生活需感恩」的介紹,希望以上的內容能給大家的生活有所幫助。
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-25 06:32

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表