主題

帖子

積分

六星貝殼精英

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
ccc6 發表於 2016-3-6 20:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
For the last decade, Joanne Frances has been living life as if the Second World War has just broken out.

在過去的十年裡,弗朗西絲喬安妮每天都活在第二次世界大戰才爆發時的世界里。

The 41-year-old has eschewed modern life and technology in favour an authentic wartime existence.

這位41歲的女人避開了現代的生活和科技,崇尚一種真實的戰時生活。

She has no computer, washing machine, television or car – instead cycling to work on an 80-year-old pedal bike.

她沒有電腦、洗衣機、電視機或者是汽車——反倒騎著使用了八十年的踏板自行車。

Living most days in an authentic Land Girl』s uniform, she sometimes spends the evening in an air-raid shelter she built in the garden.

她大多數時間都穿著一件戰時勞軍女郎的制服,有時在自己花園裡建的防空洞里度過夜晚。

The woman, who works as a cleaner, has committed to the austere life of the 1940s – having ditched central heating for coal fires and using an outside toilet.

這個女人是個清潔工,她早已決定要過二十世紀四十年代的簡樸生活,取暖工具是煤火而不是中央暖氣系統,並且她還用著一個戶外廁所。

She even once attempted to live off the equivalent of rations. But one thing is missing from her life – a wartime husband.

她甚至曾經嘗試過以每日相同的配給量口糧為生。一切都像第二次世界大戰的模樣,但是她缺少了一樣事物——一個戰爭時期的丈夫。

「I would like to meet someone,」 she said. 「I』ve had few boyfriends, but I know I』m a bit of a novelty and once that novelty wears off, well, most people find me quite hard to live with. But I haven』t entirely given up hope – I mean, I still like to think that I am a pretty good catch.」

「我想遇到那個人,」她說。「我曾經有過幾個男朋友,但是我知道,我對他們來說是一個很新鮮的女人,可一旦這股新鮮勁過了,好吧,大多數人又會發現我非常難以相處。但是我完全沒有放棄希望,我的意思是,我仍然覺得自己是一個漂亮合適的對象。」

"I would have their tea on their table when they came home from work, I』d do their washing and ironing. In fact, I』d take care of everything.」

「當他們工作回家時,我會在桌子上倒上茶,我也會給他們洗衣和熨燙,實際上,我會照看好所有事情。」

"The only problem is that people who want that kind of housewife are either in their 90s or dead.」

「唯一的問題就是想要娶這種家庭主婦的男人都活在二十世紀或者已經去世了。」
Joanne, who lives in the village of North Lincolnshire,she said the units were just too modern, besides, she wouldn』t have had a bathroom in 1939 and she definitely wouldn』t have had a Jacuzzi bath.

居住在北林肯郡一個村子里的喬安妮說,這棟單元樓真是太現代化了,而且,在1939年是不會有浴室並且絕不會有按摩浴缸的。

"I remember walking into museums and thinking: 『It feels like I』ve come home』,」 she said.

「我記得我走進博物館時就開始想著,我感覺自己到家了。」她說。

「I began collecting bits of pieces of memorabilia from quite an early age, but it was only when I moved in here 10 years ago that I guess it became a full-time lifestyle.」

「我從早期就開始收集一些紀念性的事物,但那僅是我十年前搬到這裡之前的事兒了,然後全職生活方式時代就開始了。」

It』s not always been an easy lifestyle to adapt to, she admits.

她承認,要適應這樣的生活方式並不是很容易。
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-20 14:28

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表