倍可親

回復: 0
列印 上一主題 下一主題

夢露的健身與飲食:晚餐吃5根胡蘿蔔(雙語)

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
魔之右手 發表於 2014-8-7 21:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

Recently, I stumbled onto one of the coolest things I』ve ever found: Marilyn Monroe』s complete health plan, circa 1952. Apparently, Ms. Monroe gave Pageant magazine a huge exclusive, complete with sauna tour, diet advice, workout tips, and plenty of bon mots about her lifestyle. It was just too much of a gem not to share, so I』ve reproduced it here. I』m not advocating Marilyn』s diet, but it』s a fascinating look at one of the 20th century』s most iconic women. The text is a little hard to read, so I transcribed Marilyn』s quotes below. Enjoy! —Lacey Gattis
  最近,我無意中發現了一件超酷炫的事情:約在1952年瑪麗蓮·夢露完整的健康計劃。顯然,夢露向《萬象》雜誌詳細描述了她那獨特的生活方式,包括桑拿浴旅行,飲食建議,運動秘訣。這麼珍貴的東西不分享太不夠意思了,所以我把它複製了過來。其實我並不是提倡夢露的飲食習慣,但了解一下二十世紀最有標誌性的女性人物之一,是一件多麼賞心悅目的事情。那篇文章讀起來有點費勁,所以我摘錄了她的語句。盡情享受吧!——萊西·加蒂絲
  How I Stay in Shape, By Marilyn Monroe
  我如何保持身材——瑪麗蓮·夢露
  "Frankly, I』ve never considered my own figure so exceptional; until quite recently, I seldom gave it any thought at all. My biggest single concern used to be getting enough to eat. Now I have to worry about eating too much. I never used to bother with exercises. Now I spend at least 10 minutes each morning working out with small weights. I have evolved my own exercises, for the muscles I wish to keep firm, and I know they are right for me because I can feel them putting the proper muscles into play as I exercise."
  「說實話,我從來沒有特別留意過自己的身材;直到最近,我也沒有想太多。以前我只擔心是吃不飽,而現在我不得不擔心吃得太多;以前我從來不做運動,現在每天早上我至少花十分鐘的時間來健身。我發明了屬於我自己的運動方法,因為我希望我的肌肉保持結實。我知道這是適合我的方法,因為當我運動的時候,我能感覺到它把我想要的部位運動起來。」
  She Doesn』t Like To Feel Regimented
  她不願意感覺受到管制
  "Exercise. Each morning after I brush my teeth, wash my face and shake off the first deep layer of sleep, I lie down on the floor beside my bed and begin my first exercise. It is a simple bust-firming routine which consists of lifting five-pound weights from a spread-eagle arm position to a point directly above my head. I do this 15 times, slowly. I repeat the exercise another 15 times from a position with my arms above my head. Then, with my arms at a 45-degree angle from the floor, I move my weights in circles until I』m tired. I don』t count rhythmically like the exercise people on the radio; I couldn』t stand exercise if I had to feel regimented about it."
  「健身篇——每天清早,刷完牙,洗完臉,從深度睡眠中清醒過來后,我會躺在床邊開始健身。這是簡單的收攏運動,雙臂一字舒展,拿起重五磅的啞鈴舉至頭部正上方。我會慢慢地做這個動作十五遍,之後反方向重複做十五遍。然後,手臂離地面四十五度角,舉著啞鈴不停地繞圈直到感覺累了。我不像收音機里的人做運動那樣有節奏地數著節拍,因為如果我感覺受到運動的管制,我就不能繼續做下去。」
  How To Feel Blond All Over
  如何保持肌膚雪白
  "Sports. I have never cared especially for outdoor sports, and have no desire to excel at tennis, swimming, or golf. I』ll leave those things to the men. Despite its great vogue in California, I don』t think sun-tanned skin is any more attractive than white skin, or any healthier, for that matter. I』m personally opposed to a deep tan because I like to feel blond all over. By nature, I suppose I have a languorous disposition. I hate to do things in a hurried, tense atmosphere, and it is virtually impossible for me to spring out of bed in the morning. On Sunday, which is my one day of total leisure, I sometimes take two hours to wake up, luxuriating in every last moment of drowsiness. Depending upon my activities, I sleep between five and ten hours every night. I sleep in an extra-wide single bed, and I use only one heavy down comforter over me, summer or winter. I have never been able to wear pajamas or creepy nightgowns; they disturb my sleep."
  「運動篇——我對戶外運動沒什麼興趣,而且我從來沒有打算在網球,游泳或者高爾夫做出一番成績。我覺得這些運動是專屬於男人的。儘管古銅色的皮膚在加州很流行,然而我絲毫不覺得它比白皮膚更加有魅力,或者更健康。我是天生性情慵懶的人,我很討厭在急促、緊張的氛圍下做事,所以早上立刻從床上蹦起來對我來說是根本不可能的事。星期天是我的休息日,有時候我要用兩個小時來起床,享受每分每秒意猶未盡的睡意。哪怕工作再忙,我每晚也要睡夠五到十個小時。我睡的是特大單人床,無論冬夏我都要蓋一張厚厚的被子;我從來不穿睡衣或奇怪的睡袍,它們會影響我的睡眠質量。」
  A Set of Bizarre Eating Habits
  怪異的飲食習慣
"Breakfast. I』ve been told that my eating habits are absolutely bizarre, but I don』t think so. Before I take my morning shower, I start warming a cup of milk on the hot plate I keep in my hotel room. When it』s hot, I break two raw eggs into the milk, whip them up with a fork, and drink them while I』m dressing. I supplement this with a multi-vitamin pill, and I doubt if any doctor could recommend a more nourishing breakfast for a working girl in a hurry. Dinner. My dinners at home are startlingly simple. Every night I stop at the market near my hotel and pick up a steak, lamb chops or some liver, which I broil in the electric oven in my room. I usually eat four or five raw carrots with my meat, and that is all. I must be part rabbit; I never get bored with raw carrots. P.S. It』s a good thing, I suppose, that I eat simply during the day, for in recent months I have developed the habit of stopping off at Wil Wright』s ice cream parlor for a hot fudge sundae on my way home from my evening drama classes. I』m sure that I couldn』t allow myself this indulgence were it not that my normal diet is composed almost totally of protein foods."
  「早餐篇——有人說過我的飲食習慣很奇怪,但我並不覺得。在酒店裡晨起淋浴前,我會用熱盤子熱一杯牛奶;當它熱了的時候,打兩個生雞蛋進去,並用叉子攪拌,這樣我就可以一邊穿衣服一邊喝了。之後我會吃幾片複合維生素。對於一個時間很緊的工作狂來說,沒有醫生可以推薦比這更有營養的早餐了。晚餐篇——我的晚餐也簡單得離譜。每天晚上,我會在酒店旁邊的超市買上一塊牛排,幾塊羊排或者一些肝臟,然後回去用烤爐烤熟,再搭配五個生胡蘿蔔——這就是我的晚餐。我跟個兔子似的,因為我從不會吃膩蘿蔔。另外我覺得白天吃得簡單是好事,因為最近幾個月,每天上完戲劇課回家的時候,我習慣在威爾萊特買上一個熱巧克力奶油聖代。如果不是因為我平常的飲食以蛋白質食物為主,我一定不會這樣放縱自己的。」
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-25 23:05

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表