跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
vanskyboy 發表於 2014-5-27 04:41 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 vanskyboy 於 2014-5-27 04:43 編輯

The modern versions of "I'm afraid of commitment" and "It's not you, it's me."

分手時爛大街的話 "我害怕承諾"以及"不是你的問題,是我的",現在有了與時俱進的新版本:

1. "I feel like we're moving too fast."

"我覺得我們節奏太快了點。"

If a person says this and then suggests slowing down a little bit (maybe seeing/texting each other less during the week or whatever) then they are probably reacting accordingly to things getting serious more quickly than they'd like.

如果一個人說這句話,並希望能夠慢下來(比如一周只見面或聯繫一次等等諸如此類),有這種做法的人往往覺得這段感情變認真的速度超出了他們的想象。

Fine! Understandable! If a person says this and then suggests no longer seeing each other at all (or [ugh] "taking a break") then they've realized that they are no longer interested in this budding relationship but would rather end on infuriatingly open-ended terms than risk confrontation.

好吧!可以理解!如果有人這麼說,並且建議大家最近不要見面(或者說,"休息一下"),那麼他們應該已經意識到對這段感情不再那麼感興趣,希望能順其自然的結束甚至不用冒著面對面分手的風險。

2. "I don't want to hurt you."

"我不想傷害你"。

This one is baffling because there exists a vast middle ground between "being in a relationship and hurting someone" and "not being in a relationship and not hurting someone." Part of it is "being in a relationship and not hurting someone"!

這個比較麻煩,因為在"談戀愛傷害對方" 和"不在一起不傷害對方" 之間有一個巨大的灰色地帶。因為也可以"在一起但不傷害對方" 啊!

So it's strange that the person using this line thinks that the person being dumped doesn't understand this? No one who hears this feels grateful for their feelings being spared. They might feel grateful for avoiding dating a turd.

所以那些說這句台詞的人,難道意識不到被甩的那一方不明白這個道理么?沒有哪個被甩的人會因為聽到這句話對你的體貼感激涕零。他們只會慶幸沒有繼續跟渣人浪費時間。

3. "I'm not looking for a relationship."

"我沒有想認真談戀愛。"

On its own, this is a completely valid statement. Not everyone is looking for a relationship, and sometimes people who are both looking for relationships are actually looking for different ones! Different strokes, you know?

從這句話本身來說,這完全是一個有效的聲明。不是每個人都在尋求戀情,有時候那些尋求戀情的只是在找不同的玩伴而已!不同的刺激,懂了么?

But it is without a doubt the worst kind of person who says they aren't looking for a relationship, allows the other person to walk away feeling like they experienced an honest and amicable parting of ways with a decent human whom they will think of fondly, and then announces their new relationship on Facebook three days later.

毫無疑問,這種說自己沒有想談戀愛的這群人,往往會讓其他人覺得他們正跟無比喜歡的紳士經歷了真誠和平的分手,結果三天後又在社交網路公布了自己的新戀情。

4. "I'm just so fucked up right now."

"我現在真的心力交瘁。"

Hahaha OK, one second, because our eyes will literally never stop rolling. Sure, maybe it's true. Maybe this person is "so fucked up." But first of all, WHO ISN'T? And second of all, maybe stop? "So fucked up" isn't a fixed trait. It's like the person who says, "I know I'm late all the time, but that's just me!" An acknowledgment isn't the end of the conversation. Being late all the time is rude. This statement means nothing. Stop doing it.

哈哈,好,一秒鐘休息,我們的眼睛從來不會停止轉動。當然,也許這是真的。也許這個人真的"心力交瘁",但首先,誰不是這樣呢?其次,能停下來么?"心力交瘁"不是一個可以修復的特徵。就好像一個人說"我知道我每次都遲到,但這就是我!' 自我承認不能作為對話的結束,每次都遲到就是不禮貌的表現。這種說辭無濟於事。所以省省吧。

5. "I don't deserve you."

"我配不上你。"

This one is so sneakily manipulative, because it seems like it's about how you, as the person being dropped, are an untouchable god among men (which, maybe you are!) but in reality it's about how the other person is working through a martyr complex. It might even lead to the most absurd of scenarios, in which the dumpee actually comforts the dumper!

這句話其實暗含玄機,這看起來說的是你,這個被甩的人,如何遙不可及如神般存在(也許你真的是這樣!)但實際上,只是別人用來脫身的妙招罷了。這還可能會出現最荒唐的情景,被拋棄的人反過來安慰拋棄者!

We would never condemn insecurity, but if a person is truly interested in pursuing a relationship with someone who intimidates them, they'll just do what everyone else does (i.e., lie about how smart/funny/interesting they are until they reach a level of comfort at which they can drop it)

我們從來不會怪責無安全感,但如果一個人真的認真去追求那個讓他魂牽夢繞的另一半,他們做的和一般人無差(比如,把自己誇的多聰明/有趣/有意思,直到他們覺得火候已到才會展現出真實模樣。)

6. "I'm just really busy right now."

"我現在真的很忙。"

Nobody who was ever genuinely interested in someone, and in carrying out a relationship with that person, lost interest because he or she had too many meetings that week. "I'm too busy" is an often aggravating, self-important way of expressing something that isn't wrong or illegitimate to feel — if you'd rather not spend any of your free time with someone, that's OK and good to know. But that's about the person, not about the other obligations. Also: Literally everyone thinks they're really busy right now.

沒有一個真正喜歡別人並且發展著一段戀情的人,會因為這周有太多會議而失去對ta的興趣。"我太忙了"就是用這種惱人且自尊自大的方式來表達事情沒出問題,感覺沒有變化——如果你空閑時間都不願意和某人相處,沒問題,知道也無妨。這畢竟跟人有關,而非某個規定製度。所以,每個人都會覺得自己現在很忙啊。

7. "I'm just bad at this stuff."

"我真的不擅長處理感情問題。"

This is one of many self-pitying breakup cliches that sound like admissions of personal failure, but aren't — a close cousin of "I'm so fucked up right now," "I'm just bad at this stuff" romanticizes flaws like inability to communicate, manage one's time, and treat other people with respect.

分手的時候這算是最常聽見的陳詞濫調之一,好像是對自己人生失敗的一種總結,實際不是——這句話的姊妹篇就是"我現在真的心力交瘁","我不擅長處理感情問題" 把那些不善交際、無法合理安排時間、不懂尊重別人等等缺點給美化了。

It's one thing to realize you've got some things you want to work on, alone, but it's another to use that recognition as a free pass to flail around helplessly. Being "bad at stuff" isn't just about the person who says it — it also affects the person who has to deal with it.

意識到自己有想做的事情是一回事,同時,把這句話當成是可以不負責任的說辭是另外一回事。"不擅長處理感情" 已經跟說這話的人無關了——也會影響那個跟你在一起的人啊。

8. "I still care about you."

"我還是關心你的。"

This one very much DEPENDS, of course, but saying TOO many nice or seemingly romantic things during a breakup can be confusing. Compliments don't soften the blow, they twist the knife. If you extoll the other person's virtues for too long, in too much depth, they're bound to wonder why, then, you don't want to be together.

這句話要分情況,當然,在分手的時候說太多好聽或者浪漫的話會讓人誤會。讚美也無法緩解分離,他們只是把刀弄的沒有那麼鋒利罷了。如果你不懂讚美別人的美德,深深的讚美,他們就會去懷疑為什麼,懷疑也許你是想分手了吧。

It's obviously OK to hope you can make peace with an ex, but don't throw out the "I still care about you" line just because you think it'll make a breakup easier to swallow.

當然你跟前任做朋友也完全沒問題,但不要丟下諸如 "我還是關心你的" 這樣的話,哪怕你覺得這話說出來能減輕分手的痛苦。

9. "I just wish we'd met a few years from now."

"我多希望我們早點遇見。"

And we wish teleportation were real, and that it was eating brownies and not celery that burned more calories than those ingested, and that Lance Bass had been allowed to go to space. But what would the world be like if any of those things were true? We will never know!!! Just like we don't know what it means to wish "we'd met a few years from now." Why are you so convinced you'll have your shit together by then? That seems overly optimistic.

我們也希望能瞬間移動,吃布朗寧的時候會消耗而非吸收更多的卡路里,蘭斯·貝斯被允許進入太空。如果我們希望的都能實現,這個世界會變成什麼模樣?我們永遠也不會知道!就好像我們永遠不會知道"多希望我們早幾年遇見" 意味著什麼一樣。你憑什麼這麼相信那時候我們也能在一起?這也太過於樂觀了吧。

小編註:Lance Bass 美國男子團體"超級男孩" 成員,公開出櫃。曾因接受宇航員訓練而成為新聞頭條,但最終沒能獲得足夠贊助飛往太空。

10. "[Nothing]" / Ghosting

"一言不發"/消失

Ghosting, or completely disappearing on someone you've been dating for any length of time over a week, is completely gross and totally indefensible. It's thoughtless, lazy, and cruel, and don't let your self-excusing lizard brain tell you otherwise.

另一半玩消失或是徹底失蹤一周以上真的讓人覺得惱火且無法招架。這完全欠考慮、偷懶和殘忍,也不讓你能理智的分析思考。

You know what is the easiest thing to do in the entire world? Texting someone. It has literally never been easier to break up with someone in five seconds. If you can't bring your sad self to do ANYTHING else, say SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Anything on this list is better than nothing.

你知道這個世界最簡單的事情是什麼嗎?那就是給別人發簡訊。可以在五秒鐘之內簡單跟別人說分手。如果你不能給自己找到任何理由,那就說些什麼,任何東西。上面九句話中的任何一句也好過你一聲不吭玩失蹤。

【學英文】在線看各國電視頻道和聽收音機[轉貼]
http://www.toptvradio.com/free-tv-channels/
http://www.toptvradio.com/free-radio-channels/
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-27 23:11

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表