[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友六級

積分
Waterlily888 發表於 2008-8-24 09:12 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
(英譯中是我自己翻譯的,翻的不對不好的地方大家指正。)

You would think that Enrique Iglesias has nothing left to prove. After all, the Madrid-born, Miami-raised singer has sold 40 million albums in little over a decade, becoming one of the most successful artists in the history of popular music.

你會覺得Enrique Iglesias 不用再做任何事來證明他自己了。不管怎麼說,這個在馬德里出生,邁阿密長大的歌手在十二年多一點的時間內賣出了四千萬張大碟,成為了流行音樂歷史上最成功的藝術家。

Then again, Enrique is not your average pop star.

然而再一次,Enrique不是一個普通的流行音樂明星。

Consider this: the singer has spent the past three years crafting his latest album. Three years of non-stop traveling, writing, recording, pressing the 'delete' button, only to begin all over again until he's 100% sure that his vision is perfectly realized.

想想這個:這位歌手用了過去三年的時間來精雕細琢他的最新大碟.整整三年時間無休止的旅遊,寫作,錄音,然後再按下刪除鍵,只是為了又從頭開始直到他百分百確認他的音樂概念是完美的得到了體現.

Now, it finally has.

現在,終於有了。

Entitled "Insomniac," a humorous nod to Enrique's sleepless nights and obsessive artistic persona, the record is clearly the most ambitious project of his phenomenal career.

被命名為「不眠症患者 」,一個對Enrique所有不眠之夜和執著狂熱的藝術家角色的幽默稱呼,這張專輯很清楚是他非同凡響的音樂生涯中最野心勃勃的藝術品。

"When I started this process, I wasn't really sure of the specific sound that I was looking for," Enrique says over breakfast at a posh hotel in Beverly Hills. "What I did know was that I wanted to have a respectable repertoire of songs to begin with. On my previous records, I would always start with a dozen ideas. This time, I wrote between 40 and 50 new tunes."

"當我剛開始這個過程的時候,我並不是很確認我到底在找什麼具體的樂曲,"Enrique在比利時山一個幽雅的旅館一邊用早餐一邊說."但是我確認的是我想從一個起點不同凡響的演奏曲目開始.在我以前的專輯,我一般是從一打的概念開始。而這一次,我寫出了四,五十個新的單曲。"

Enrique also spent a long time pondering the specific qualities of the project's sound. Should it be seeped in hip-hop and electronic beats-- a prerequisite for commercial success in the new millennium?

Enrique也花了很長時間認真地思考這個藝術品的音樂質量。是不是應該用黑人街頭音樂和電子打擊樂-一個在新世紀能取得商業成功的首要音樂元素呢?

"I guess at first I did want to consciously make a record that had a cool sound to it," he says candidly. "But then I said to myself: 'fuck that. I don't want to take myself too seriously.' The truth is, I just want to write songs that I like. It's as simple as that.」

"我想我最初下意識地是想做一個有很酷的音樂的專輯,"他很直率地說."然後我自己對自己說,讓那個見鬼去吧.我並不想把自己搞得那麼慎重其事。我只想寫我喜歡的歌,就是那麼簡單。"

Thus began the three year journey with stops in Miami, Los Angeles and Sweden, as well as the contribution of renowned producers such as Sean Garret, Max Martin, Kristian Lundin, Mark Taylor & Paul Barry, and Anders Bagge.

就這樣三年的旅程開始了,其間在邁阿密,落杉磯,瑞典停留,也融合了來自名聲在外的製作家Sean Garret, Max Martin, Kristian Lundin, Mark Taylor & Paul Barry, and Anders Bagge的貢獻。

"When I make a record, I work at night," says Enrique. "So basically I've spent three years working at night and sleeping during the day. I've been hyperactive all my life. The word insomniac was the first that came to mind when I was trying to come up with a suitable title for the album."

"當我創作專輯時,我晚上工作。"Enrique說."所以基本上我三年時間都是晚上工作,白天睡覺。我整個一生都是亢奮的。不眠症患者這個詞是我在想為這張大碟取一個合適的名字時第一個想到的詞。

Some of the record's highlights include "Push," a hip-hop flavored collaboration with rapper Lil' Wayne, as well as "Ring My Bell," a moody track that Enrique wrote in Los Angeles together with two of his favorite songwriting partners, Swedish composer Kristian Lundin (Savan Kotecha also collaborated on the track).

這張專輯里的亮點包括,「推」,一曲和說唱歌手Lil' Wayne合作的黑人街頭音樂,還有「敲響我的鈴」,Enrique在落杉磯和兩個最合得來的音樂寫作合伙人,及瑞典作曲家Kristian Lundin合作寫的一曲憂鬱之歌(Savan Kotecha 也對單曲出了力)。

"Do you know those moments in life when you stumble a little, and you accidentally discover something that changes you?," asks Enrique in his typically casual, unpretentious demeanor. "That's exactly what happened to me with 'Ring My Bell.' It wasn't a dramatic change, but the feeling of that song changed my opinion of what the album should be all about."

"你知道在你生命中有一些時候,你感覺受挫折,不確定,但是你又意外地發現了可以改變你的東西?」Enrique用他典型的休閑不做作的態度問道."那就是我是怎麼寫出「敲響我的鈴」的。那並不是一個驚天動地的改變,但是對那首歌的感覺改變了我對整個大碟要體現的東西的想法。"

"The recording of 'Push' was very similar that way," he continues. "I had experimented with the stylistic innovations of hip-hop before, but I had never felt really comfortable with it. This time, it was a completely different experience. In fact, there's not a song in the entire album where I'm trying to be someone that I'm not."

"推的錄音製作也有相似之處,"他接著說."我以前試驗過黑人街頭音樂風格上的創新,但是我從來沒有覺得特別滿意。這一次,是一個完全不同的體驗。事實上,這張大碟里每一首歌都是我的一個新的嘗試。"

As Enrique continued on his personal search of songwriting discovery and recording experimentation, "Insomniac" underwent a metamorphosis.

Enrique繼續著他個人在音樂寫作和錄音創作方面的發現和嘗試,「不眠症患者」經歷了一個質的改變。

"If you listened to the album two years ago, it has nothing to do with what it is today," he says.

「如果你兩年以前聽,它和現在完全不同。」他說。

In its final incarnation, "Insomniac" contains twelve songs in English and three in Spanish. There is an additional 20 tracks that were recorded during those lengthy sessions , but ultimately abandoned when they didn't meet Enrique's strict standards for the album.

最後面世的成品,「不眠症患者」包括了十二首英文歌和三首西班牙文歌。在漫長的期間還錄了格外二十首單曲,但是因為沒有達到 Enrique對大碟的嚴格要求而被棄用了。

"I could have made a second album if I wanted to," he explains. "But I don't think those songs will ever see the light of day." He adds: "If they're called b-sides, then they shouldn't be on an album."

"我完全可以再出第二張大碟,如果我願意的話,"他解釋到。"不過我不覺得這些歌會有機會面世。" 他補充道,「如果它們被稱為B面,那它們就不應該在大碟里。」(註:B面的歌一般是相對於A面來說不是那麼好聽的歌)

Born in 1975, Enrique led the life of a typical teen while growing up in Miami. He started writing and recording songs without telling his parents about it. In fact, he shopped his first demo posing as a Central American unknown named Enrique Martínez. Only after landing a record contract with regional Mexican label Fonovisa, did Enrique decide to use his real name.

出生於1975年,Enrique 在邁阿密度過了少年時期。沒有告訴父母,他開始了寫歌和錄歌。事實上,他第一個面世的名字是用的中部美國無名小卒Enrique Martínez.只有在取得了地區墨西哥牌子Fonovisa的一個錄音合同以後,他才決定用他的真名字。

Recorded in Spanish, his self-titled debut sold more than a million copies in the first three months after it was released (to this day, it has sold over seven million). His second effort, 1997's "Vivir," broke into the U.S. Top 40 and was promoted with the first of many lavishly produced world tours.

以西班牙文錄音,他以自己名字命名的初次面世的作品在最初三個月就賣出了一百萬張。(到今天為止,已經賣出了七百萬張以上。)他的第二個成果,1997年的「生活」,打進了美國前四十名,在以後多次的世界巡迴演出中做為第一個演出的節目。

Within three years, Enrique became the biggest-selling Spanish-language singer in the world. He has enjoyed 16 #1 Billboard Latin hits, more than any other artist in history.

在三年時間內,Enrique成為了世界上最暢銷的西班牙語歌手。他取得了十六次拉丁語熱曲排行榜第一名,超過歷史上任何一位音樂藝術家。

Enrique was now ready to expand his audience beyond the Latin market. Released in 1999, "Enrique" was his first English album, and the first one recorded for Interscope. It included the mega-hits "Bailamos" (We Dance), "Rhythm Divine," "Be With You," and "Could I Have This Kiss Forever," a duet with Whitney Houston. In the U.S., the platinum album was certified double, and Enrique was seen by millions during the 2000 Super Bowl halftime show.

然後他已經為開拓拉丁市場以外的廣大市場做好了準備。1999年發行,"Enrique"是他第一張英文大碟,也是第一張為Interscope錄的大碟。其中包括了大熱門「讓我們跳舞」,"天籟之音',「和你在一起」,還有和Whiney Houston合唱的「讓我永久擁有這個吻」.在美國,被兩次認證為白金大碟,Enrique在2000年超級露天音樂會為百萬觀眾做了親身演出。

"Enrique" achieved gold or platinum status in 32 countries. The singer would eventually become the best selling international artist of all time in India.

"Enrique"在三十二個國家取得了黃金和白金銷量。他還同時成為了印度最暢銷的國際音樂藝術家。

Then came "Escape,」 which included the hits "Hero" and "Escapar," and cemented Enrique's superstar status in Europe by selling 10 million copies. Both the album and single of the same name were simultaneously the #1 album and single in the U.K.

跟著而來的是「逃」,裡面包括了大熱曲「英雄」和「逃」,在歐洲賣出了一千萬張,奠定了他無可動搖的超級巨星地位。同名大碟和單曲同時成為英國第一名的大碟和單曲。

Entitled "Quizás," Enrique's fourth Spanish-language album established him as one of the few recording artists ever to score a U.S. multiplatinum English-language album ("Escape") followed by a U.S. multiplatinum Spanish-language album ("Quizas"). Enrique's success continued in 2003 with his aptly titled seventh album "7," setting the stage for the artistic odyssey that culminates now with the release of "Insomniac."

"Quizás,"  Enrique憑著第四張西班牙文大碟,典定了少數能在取得美國超白金英文大碟(「逃」)以後,又緊接著取得美國超白金西班牙文大碟("Quizas")其中一位音樂藝術家地位。Enrique的成功一直持續到2003年,第七張被巧妙地命名為「七」的大碟,也打下了音樂藝術長途飄泊之旅的基礎,到現在如日中天的大碟「不眠症患者」。

"I've never suffered so much making an album," says Enrique with a laugh. "It was a journey of soul searching and self discovery for me."

"我做大碟從來沒有這麼痛苦過",Enrique大笑著說。"那是一個自我發現和靈魂搜索的過程。"

"I'm not gonna claim as we all artist do with a new album that this is my best album ever, or the one with the best production or the best songs," he concludes. "One thing is for sure, though. I gave myself completely into the making of this one record — heart and soul."

"我不打算像很多音樂藝術家一樣說我最新的大碟是我到目前為止最好的大碟,或最好的製作,或最好的歌."他最後做結論說。"但是有一件事我很確認,我完完全全把自己的心靈和靈魂交給了這張大碟的製作."

個人推薦大熱超好聽的歌曲,百聽不膩的歌曲:

Hero 英雄

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klWluYoa0_8&feature=related

Ring my Bells 敲響我的鈴
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WMoAy2dfg&feature=related

[ 本帖最後由 Waterlily888 於 2008-8-24 23:40 編輯 ]

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼新手上路

積分
dj-tiasto 發表於 2008-9-2 15:15 | 顯示全部樓層
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-19 06:48

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表