倍可親

回復: 22
列印 上一主題 下一主題

Would you mind to checking my paragraph (ESL3級,肯定錯誤會很多,麻煩協助)

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-18 13:17 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Culture Shock

I experience the Culture Shock in different way.
        Firstly, we use fork and knife for eating some foods as pizza, Italian noodles, salad, in most of restaurant we can』t see the chopsticks except when we are eating in Chinese restaurant. There is a rule for eating I have read before, never click knife and fork to make noise, if you do, people will think that you are so rude
            Secondly, in school we can』t choose courses for what ever we want, and there are eight blocks a day; when we go to school we must wear the school uniform, different we have four blocks a day only in most of Province BC, and we can wear and choose what ever we want. Also when you are hungry during the class time, you can go to cafeteria after asking the teacher, but in Chinese we can』t do this, actually school won』t sell any thing to students yet.
            Thirdly before we go to see doctors、dentists etc. Even when you have serious health problem as cancer that need to accept an operation, you must do an appointment, obviously if you really have a serious problem, actually you can』t wait at least two weeks for an operation.
Then, I want to talk about the coins, when we shopping in Province BC, we use coins so often, like 10$cents、25$cents、1$dollar、2$dollars, by my opinion, coins are not easy to store in pocket, we just use cash and Visa in Chinese.
              For the history, china has five thousand years history which are from different dynasties to another, different kings, Province BC only has 134 years history from BC join Confederation at 1871. Otherwise Canada is a natural environment, when I have been to some places in Richmond, Vancouver all the landscape are completely same.
              In Canada there are different ethnic people, every ethnic people have diverse tradition like Christian、Moslem etc. So I think before we do some action, we should know what the meaning for different tradition is. In china, when you see your friends you will say 「Hello, nice to meet you」.  But some ethnic people do a kiss beside other's face that actually he or she doesn』t touch your face yet.
        In China, most of the people live in high level building or apartment, because we don』t have so many places to build houses as Canada.
        When we buy something to eat in park、airport、train-station we will pay even more then two or three times price than in a place that on the street. For example last time I brought a bottle of soda water in the airport it had reached 30 RMB, but if you buy the same stuff on the street you will only pay it less than 10 RMB, from now on I have never seen this situation in Canada.
        There are different kind of traffic rules between Canada and China, as when you turn left or turn right, you have never allowed just looking at car mirror,some people think this isn』t a safety action; We must do an action called 「shoulder check」. Exceptionally(這個地方是用Exceptional還是Exceptionally?) if you do a 「shoulder check」 when you turn left or right in Chinese driver test, obviously you will fail? Teacher will say 「why don』t you use car mirror」. This is a good example to describe the different. Another thing is, when you are riding or skating, you must have a helmet on your head. I have known this two week ago, my tutor said to me: 「when you are riding without a helmet and police see you, you will get a big ticket from him」.

剛來加拿大1年,想不出什麼別的了,希望英語好的朋友幫豬我一下。

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
沙發
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-18 13:31 | 只看該作者
What do you think about my paragraph?  This is a presentation after we back to school
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-18 13:59 | 只看該作者
樓主你好啊....

讀了你前一短就發現有些不太對.... 我暫時不能全寫出來...
晚點有空在回你...

先保存著...
☆★世上有些緣份是好緣,
有些時候也要放棄,有些緣份根本就不算甚麽★☆
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-19 05:37 | 只看該作者
謝謝了,語法錯誤肯定不少。。。哎~~~
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-19 09:36 | 只看該作者
I'm wating for you...... 斑竹~~
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親智囊會員(十八級)

積分
Adelyn 發表於 2005-10-20 02:37 | 只看該作者
Dear 初心者,

Since baby hasn't shown up, I assume she is busy and I take up to do the first part of your exercise. I just want to tell you that I feel refreshing when I go through these lines in your essay. Yes, there are some small errors but they are cute. The following is just for your reference. Please keep your writing s^tyles and write whenever you have had new thoughts!

My experience of Culture Shock

Firstly, we use fork and knife when we eat. The food we eat most often are pizza, Italian noodles, and salad. Chopsticks are not offered in most but Chinese restaurants. Before I came to Canada, I read to learn that it would be considered rude if we click a knife or a fork to make unpleasant and disturbing sound when we are eating.

Secondly, in school we can't choose courses we like, and we have eight blocks for a school day. When we go to school, we must be in school uniform. However, in most schools of Province BC, there are only four blocks a day and no requirement for school uniform, which means we can choose the clothes we like and wear them to school. During the course of a class, if you feel hungry, you may ask for permission by your teacher and go to Cafeteria to eat some. In China, we will not be allowed to leave classroom in the middle of a class, and the school doesn't have a Cafeteria for us to use.

Thirdly, when you need to see a doctor, you always make an appointment. After you have made the appointment, you wait for a few days to two weeks. Therefore, when you are in emergency, you should call an ambulance to send you to the emergency room of a hospital nearby.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-20 08:56 | 只看該作者
thanks Adelyn,

In facts, I still wonder some of the sentences.  Cos I'm don't really understand what he means.  
For e.g there are eight blocks a day ,  different we have four blocks a day only in most of Province BC ( Province BC, I believe is China)

I only try on the first portion....

We use fork and knife for foods such as pizza, Italian noodles, salad and other western dishes.  In most of the restaurant,  we hardly see the chopsticks except for Chinese restaurant. There is a rules for eating using fork and knife which I had read before, i.e people will think that you are rude if you click knife and fork to make noise.
☆★世上有些緣份是好緣,
有些時候也要放棄,有些緣份根本就不算甚麽★☆
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
意浮 發表於 2005-10-20 11:52 | 只看該作者
Haha, Adelyn actually rewrote the essay in his own way.

Province BC is in Canada.  BC stands for British Columbia.
意猶未盡,浮想聯翩。
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親智囊會員(十八級)

積分
Adelyn 發表於 2005-10-20 12:15 | 只看該作者
yes, you are right.

i rewrote the paragraphs. actually i hesitated before posting but finally decided to give it a go. i just felt saying something would be better than none.

i strongly think baby should continue polishing Innocent-heart's essay. she has done exactly what i want to accomplish but can't!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親智囊會員(十八級)

積分
Adelyn 發表於 2005-10-20 12:17 | 只看該作者
correction: Secondly, in school we can't choose courses [U]as[/U] we like.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-20 12:28 | 只看該作者
I wish to.....

but, I just confuse on some of his sentence.  That's why..... my second part yet to complete....
☆★世上有些緣份是好緣,
有些時候也要放棄,有些緣份根本就不算甚麽★☆
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-20 13:07 | 只看該作者
Firstly i should say thank you for every body...
Secondly i just want to you guys that to tell me the mistakes in my essay, not to rewrite it in your opinion. as though i'm a copyer to copy all the opinion which is not belong to me. i'm trying to improve myself by everybody..
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-20 13:09 | 只看該作者
Thankyou very much again.....

Which part is making you confuse??  Dear baby~~?? ~.~
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-20 13:11 | 只看該作者
We use fork and knife for foods such as pizza, Italian noodles, salad and other western dishes. In most of the restaurant, we hardly see the chopsticks except for Chinese restaurant. There is a rules for eating using fork and knife which I had read before, i.e people will think that you are rude if you click knife and fork to make noise.

Dear baby,
    for your opinion above that i know is more better than me, also i want to know what's wrong in my first part, if i can 't know the mistakes i might not improve.

/=/290adsf/
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-20 13:15 | 只看該作者
now i have used baby's first portion, but i still want to know what's the mistakes in my first portion.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-20 13:19 | 只看該作者
〓初心者〓 ... do you have MSN....
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-20 13:25 | 只看該作者
[QUOTE=〓初心者〓]Thankyou very much again.....

Which part is making you confuse??  Dear baby~~?? ~.~[/QUOTE]
In fact a few areas which I'm very confuse.  Cos I'm not sure what you wanna to express.  

If you have MSN, maybe I try to understand from you "offline"
☆★世上有些緣份是好緣,
有些時候也要放棄,有些緣份根本就不算甚麽★☆
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

小留學生(一級)

積分
 樓主| 〓初心者〓 發表於 2005-10-23 00:35 | 只看該作者
My msn address is: zwn19891211@hotmail.com

i'll be online 365days
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-23 12:14 | 只看該作者
Thanks 〓初心者〓, I have added you in my list.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

禁止訪問

倍可親高級會員(十七級)

積分
cwjjzhou 發表於 2005-10-23 20:23 | 只看該作者
The following is just my personal opinion. If there is something wrong, please forgive me!

I experience the Culture Shock in  [B]a[/B]a[/COLOR]different way.

Firstly, we use fork and knife for eating some foods as ([B]like[/B])  pizza, Italian noodles, salad, in most of restaurant [U](restaurants) [/U] we can』t see the chopsticks except when we are eating in Chinese restaurant([U]s). [/U] There is a rule for eating I have read before, never click[U](whack)[/U] knife and fork to make noise, if you do, people will think that you are so rude(.)
Secondly, in school we can』t choose courses for what ever [U](whatever)[/U] we want, and there are eight blocks a day; when we go to school we must wear the school uniform, different we have four blocks a day only in most of Province BC, and we can wear and choose what ever [U](whatever) [/U] we want. Also when you are hungry during the class time, you can go to cafeteria after asking the teacher, but in Chinese [B](China)[/B] we can』t do this, actually school won』t sell any thing [B](anything) [/B] to students yet.
Thirdly before we go to see doctors、dentists etc. Even when you have serious health problem[B](s) (Such )[/B] as cancer that need[B](s)[/B] to accept (take) an operation, you must do (make) an appointment, obviously if you really have a serious problem, actually you can』t wait at least two weeks for an operation.
Then, I want to talk about the coins, when we shopping in Province BC, we use coins so often, like 10[B]($)[/B]cents、25[B]($)[/B]cents、1[B]($)[/B]dollar( [B]or $1[/B])、2[B]($)[/B]dollars(or [B]$2[/B]), by [B](In[/B]) my opinion, coins are not easy to store in pocket ([B]s), [/B] we just use cash (Bills) and Visa in Chinese. (This sentence is not very logical to me, cash doesn't include coins?)
For the ([B] As to[/B])  history, china has five thousand years history which are [B](is)[/B]  from different [B](One)[/B] dynasties to another, different kings, Province BC only has 134 years history from BC join Confederation at [B](in)[/B]1871. Otherwise Canada is [B](rich in )[/B] [U]a [/U] natural environment, when I have been to some places in Richmond, Vancouver all the landscape[B](s)[/B] are completely  [B](the)[/B] same.
In Canada there are different ethnic people, every ethnic people have[B](has)[/B] diverse tradition[B](s)[/B] like Christian、Moslem etc. So I think before we do some action, we should know what the meaning for different tradition is. In china, when you see your friends you will say 「Hello, nice to meet you」. But some ethnic people do a kiss beside other's face, [B](which) [/B] [U]that [/U] actually he or she doesn』t touch your face yet.
In China, most of the people live in high level[B](s) [/B] building[B](s)[/B] or apartment(s), because we don』t have so many places to build houses as Canada.
When we buy something to eat in park、airport、train-station we will pay even more [U](then)[/U] two or three times [B](prices) [/B] than in a place that on the street. For example last time I brought [B](bought)[/B] a bottle of soda water in the airport [B]( it had)[/B] reached 30 RMB, but if you buy the same stuff on the street you will only pay [B](it)[/B] less than 10 RMB, from now on I have never seen this situation in Canada.
There are different kind of traffic rules between Canada and China, as when you turn left or turn right, you have never allowed just looking at car mirror,some people [U]think this isn』t [/U] ( don't think this is ) a safety action; We must do an action called 「shoulder check」. Exceptionally(這個地方是用Exceptional還是Exceptionally?)  if you do a 「shoulder check」 when you turn left or right in Chinese driver test, obviously you will fail? Teacher will say 「why don』t you use car mirror」. This is a good example to describe the different [B](difference). [/B] Another thing is, when you are riding or skating, you must have a helmet on your head. I have known this two week[B](s)[/B] ago, my tutor said to me: 「when you are riding without a helmet and police see you, you will get a big ticket from him」.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-5-23 21:36

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表