If you are to ever find yourself in the middle of an active shooter event, your survival may depend on whether or not you have a plan.
如果你發現自己置身槍擊案現場,你的計劃決定你是否可以活下來。
The plan doesn't have to be complicated. There are three things you could do that make a difference: Run. Hide. Fight.
計劃不用很複雜,你可以做三件事來應對:逃離、躲藏、反擊。
RUN. When an active shooter is in your vicinity:
逃離。當槍擊案在你周圍發生時:
If there is an escape path, attempt to evacuate.
如果有逃生路徑,努力逃離現場。
Evacuate whether others agree to or not.
無論別人同意與否,儘管逃走。
Leave your belongings behind.
別管你的財物了。
Help others escape if possible.
如果可能,幫助別人逃離現場。
Prevent others from entering the area.
阻止人們進入案發區。
Call 9-1-1 when you are safe.
確保安全之後打電話報警。
HIDE. If an evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide.
躲藏。如果沒辦法逃離,找個地方藏起來。
Lock and/or blockade the door.
鎖上門並用東西擋住。
Silence your cell phone.
將手機調至靜音。
Hide behind large objects.
藏在尺寸較大的物體後面。
Remain very quiet.
保持安靜。
Your hiding place should: Be out of the shooter』s view. Provide protection of shots are fired in your direction. Not trap or restrict your options for movement.
你的藏身處應該滿足以下幾點條件:在槍殺者視線範圍之外,阻擋射擊而來的子彈,不限制你的行動。
FIGHT. As a last resort, and only if your life is in danger: