積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
廣南子 發表於 2009-5-8 19:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Shared by Akkad
所謂的名人學者可以虛偽到什麼程度呢?p16倫敦街頭撒潑p18劍橋演講內情pp21, 23第二個翻譯的看法
nonaction

2009-04-22 on 21:45

Ihad a horrible time in London translating for Yu Dan, the author ofLunyu xinde, who turned out to be a big bully and monster. She would infront of everyone scold the poor Chinese woman who had come with her to"serve" her. She made a huge fuss about the hotel (one of the mostexpensive near Hyde Park) being not up to her standard and the hotelmanager had to change her rooms three times in three days -- staying inone of the very best rooms, she still rang me up in the middle of thenight to ask me to complain for her that her room was unsatisfactory. Icould only get a couple of hours』 sleep as a result and had to workintensely the next day. I was also told by another Chinese whoaccompanied her on this trip that she bullied all the 200-odd staffmembers of Zhonghua shuju, the company that published her book. Theycould not do anything about her and would simply tremble at the sightof her.

我在倫敦給《論語心得》的作者于丹當翻譯, 經歷可謂慘痛。該作家真真是個欺負弱者的大怪物。她會在眾人面前呵斥從國內來"伺候" 她的女隨從。 她把她下榻的酒店 (海德公園旁一家倫敦數一數二的酒店)鬧了個天翻地覆, 稱其不夠她的檔次,三天換了三個房間 --儘管住的是酒店最好的房間之一,她仍會深夜給我打電話讓我向酒店投訴說對房間不滿意。我因此晚上只能睡一兩個小時但第二天卻又有很大的工作量。我還聽另一個隨她一起來的中國人說,此作者把出版其書的整個中華書局的200多號人都欺負的沒有辦法,見之則戰慄。

When I wastranslating for her interviews with English journalists, she spoke atlength without stopping for me. When I was trying to give her a signal,she glared at me and scolded: "don't you ever interrupt when I amtalking!" When I wasn't sure about a certain point and asked her toclarify for me, she would say, "I've just said it, why didn't youlisten to me? Why didn't you write them down?" She knew a few words ofEnglish but tried to correct my translation, complaining I didn』ttranslate this or that. In the course of the interview and in front ofthe journalist and others, she would suddenly shout at her 「servant」(in Chinese) for not filming her properly and I had to explain to thepuzzled interviewer that she was talking to the working staff and Iwasn』t going to translate....

我為她的英國媒體採訪翻譯時,她滔滔然而不及時停頓讓我翻譯。當我欲給其信號讓其停頓時,該人對我怒目而視道:不要打斷我說話!我若有某處不明向其核實,她說:我剛說過呀,你為什麼不聽?為什麼不記下來?她會說幾句英語,卻來糾正我的翻譯,說我這個沒有給她翻那個沒有翻明白。採訪進行正中,在記者和其他人面前,她竟突然用中文對她的中國「傭人」發威,斥其沒有好好為她錄像。面對一臉困惑的外媒記者,我只好解釋說,她在和中國工作人員說話,我就不翻譯了……

She has no respect for anyone and treated people (especially Chinese) like
slaves...it was beyond the limit of what I could take and I couldn』t do my workat all, not only because she was making things difficult for me and Iwas much distracted by her monstrous behaviour towards the workingstaff, more importantly it was because I simply couldn't help wonderingin my mind how unconvincing and hypocritical her words to theinterviewer were and I simply couldn't concentrate. Rather than doing awhole week』s translation for her till Friday as originally planned, Ipulled out on Monday and left London...she really disgusted me and Iwas appalled by her capability of putting on different faces in frontof different people: one minute all fierce and furious towards us andanother minute all smiling and sunny in front of the camera andjournalist. I could never have dreamed that a well-known author onConfucianism would behave in such an unacceptable way. It is so sadthat out of 1.4 billion of my countrypeople she was chosen to speak tothe western audience the very essence of our culture -- how fake thisworld could get I wonder.

她對任何人都沒有起碼的尊重,對人(尤其是中國人)如對奴隸……我對其真是忍無可忍,覺得根本沒有辦法進行我的工作。不僅僅是因為她的刁難和不體諒,因為她對待工作人員的粗暴行為讓我無法集中精神翻譯;更重要的是我心裡忍不住想,她對記者所說實在是虛偽的可以呀,我思想不能集中。本來預計給她翻譯一周直到周五,我周一就決定拒絕繼續為其工作然後離開了倫敦……此作家真是讓我開了眼,我對其變臉的本領佩服得五體投地:頭一分鐘還張牙舞爪對中國人呵斥,另一分鐘馬上笑逐顏開面對鏡頭和記者。我做夢也想不到一個對論語有研究的知名學者竟然能做出如此匪夷所思之事。我泱泱大國14億人,竟讓斯人來向西方大眾代言我中華文化之精髓,實乃悲哀之至 --焉知這個世界還能虛假到何種程度。

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

積分
沙發
綠_茶 發表於 2009-5-8 23:27 | 只看該作者
來說是非者,便是是非人!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友三級

積分
木瓜香 發表於 2009-5-11 18:15 | 只看該作者
我覺得這麼出名的一個教授,不可能做出這樣的事情的,還是反省一下自己身上有沒有問題吧!在別人背後說別人壞話的人一定不是什麼好人。
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

積分

五級貝殼核心

倍可親白金鑽石會員(八十八級)

積分
tylz888999 發表於 2009-5-15 06:50 | 只看該作者
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-24 05:22

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表