The Emmy Winning video "Yes We Can" is a collage music video inspired by a speech delivered by Barack Obama following the 2008 New Hampshire primary, derived from similar union catch cries. The song was released on February 2, 2008 by the Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am on Dipdive.com and also on YouTube.
YES WE CAN was bestowed an Emmy for Outstanding New Approaches - Entertainment at the 35th Annual Daytime Creative Arts and Entertainment Emmy Awards Ceremony on June 13th 2008 at the Frederick P. Rose Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City.
Black Eyed Peas樂隊的主唱will.i.am在今年早些時候根據奧巴馬的演講創作的 "Yes, We Can"。這支MV彙集了包括 "天鉤" 賈巴爾、赫比·漢考克、斯嘉麗·約翰遜等眾多名流, 星光熠熠。
It was a creed written into the founding documents that declared the destiny of a nation.
這是載於我們的建國憲章的基本信念。 Yes we can.
我們做得到。 It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail toward freedom.
這信念被在幽暗中披荊斬棘,追尋自由的奴隸和解放者們低聲吟誦, Yes we can. Yes we can.
我們做得到,我們做得到。 It was sung by immigrants as they struck out from distant shores
它被跨越重洋來到新大陸的移民們, and pioneers who pushed westward against an unforgiving wilderness.
和開發西部蠻荒的先行者們高聲傳唱。 Yes we can. Yes we can.
我們做得到,我們做得到。 It was the call of workers who organized;
它激勵工人們組成工會, women who reached for the ballots;
它促使女性們獲得投票權, a President who chose the moon as our new frontier;
它指引總統將月球作為我們新的前線, and a King who took us to the mountain-top and pointed the way to the Promised Land.
它引領我們跨越山巔,走向這理想之園。 Yes we can to justice and equality.
我們能實現平等與公正。 (yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can...)
我們做得到,我們做得到,我們做得到,我們做得到……
Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity.
我們能抓住機會,重現繁榮昌盛。 Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity.
我們能抓住機會,重現繁榮昌盛。 Yes we can heal this nation.
我們能拯救這個國家。 Yes we can repair this world.
我們能改善這個世界。 Yes we can. Si Se Puede
我們做得到,我們做得到。 (yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can...)
我們做得到,我們做得到,我們做得到,我們做得到……
We know the battle ahead will be long,
我們知道前路依舊漫漫, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way,
但我們一直記得,無論任何艱難險阻, nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.
都無法動搖我們改變的決心。 We want change!
我們要改變! (We want change! We want change! We want change...)
我們要改變!我們要改變!我們要改變!……
We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics who will only grow louder and more dissonant.
總有人說我們做不到,而這些憤世嫉俗的聲音還會越來越強。 We've been asked to pause for a reality check.
總有人讓我們停下來面對現實。 We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.
總有人警告我們,不要給這個國家的人民帶來虛妄的幻想。 But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope. We want change!
但是在這個充滿奇迹的地方,最最真實的就是希望!我想要改變! (We want change! I want change! We want change! I want change...)
我們要改變!我們要改變!我們要改變!……
The hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of LA;
在Dillon破敗的學校中上學的小女孩,和洛杉磯街頭自學的小男孩擁有同樣的希望; we will remember that there is something happening in America;
我們將會記得,美國開始了改變; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests;
我們並不像政客所言的分裂; that we are one people;
我們是同一個民族;
we are one nation;
我們是同一個國家; and together, we will begin the next great chapter in America's story with three words that will ring from coast to coast;
從東海岸到西海岸,我們將攜手說出這三個詞,開啟美國歷史的新篇章; from sea to shining sea - Yes. We. Can.
跨越大洋的清輝,這句話將響徹雲霄:我們!做得到! (yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we can...)
我們做得到,我們做得到,我們做得到,我們做得到。