倍可親

回復: 22
列印 上一主題 下一主題

[討論]Money can』t buy happiness -- or can it?

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

二星貝殼精英

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
bluepolish 發表於 2004-10-18 10:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Money can』t buy happiness -- or can it? Would having more money solve most of your problems? Do you need luxuries to feel peaceful? Would a windfall change your life?

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友一級

留學海龜(十四級)

積分
沙發
陳家曄 發表於 2004-10-18 11:25 | 只看該作者
but money can bring the happiness
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友一級

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
vhalitluos 發表於 2004-10-18 16:09 | 只看該作者
i would buy you a cup of coffee and how would you feel?
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼新手上路

有車階層(十級)

積分
lakeview 發表於 2004-10-18 16:40 | 只看該作者
happiness?  oh! no! i thought i must buy one for you next time!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

初過語言關(三級)

積分
faye_0708 發表於 2004-10-18 17:54 | 只看該作者
Money is the most important thing in the world if it is not everything. I make this decision base on several reasons:
first, when u have money,u have a happy life. u wife or husband will love you more. even u have got married, no problem, the beautiful woman and handsome guy will come to u. only u have money,so money can buy love.
second, when u have enough money, u can go to fancy restaurant and have a luxious life. u can buy whatever u like. such as big car BMW,luxious family house,etc.
third,u will never feel lonesome. always there are many people around u. u parents, u friends. u never know when u have such huge number friends.
fourth, u can buy life. if u need kidney transplant. ok, just pay money.
fifth,u can buy beautiful. u just give money, u will have beautiful face and evergreen body.
just think about what I am talking above. don't u think" money talks"?[:444:]
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

初過語言關(三級)

積分
greenwood 發表於 2004-10-18 22:36 | 只看該作者
quite right, quite right, sir / madam.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

二星貝殼精英

積分
 樓主| bluepolish 發表於 2004-10-19 01:51 | 只看該作者

you can say it again.

i ever read one article in  analysised which the group (blue, white, gold etc) in china has a coze and sedate life. do you no which one? RMB 3000-4000.
in my opinion, certain amount money brings happiness into normal life.
at least, i enjoy the way to wait and save for some time for my favorite things.
that's why we always hear that we have to know and learn how to satify or being content.

回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

初過語言關(三級)

積分
faye_0708 發表於 2004-10-19 10:09 | 只看該作者
In my view of opionion, the month income RMB 3000-4000 should be white collar. such as professional doctors, nurses,company manages etc. how much money do how much things. just like english word" money" is mass noun. different level people have different meaning to happy.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

二星貝殼精英

積分
 樓主| bluepolish 發表於 2004-10-20 08:43 | 只看該作者
so far as i know, the rank RMB 3000-4000 is not named of "White Collar" in China. even this is nothing in Beijing.
if i am not wrong, "6000-8000" is actual white collar.

回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親智囊會員(十八級)

積分
Adelyn 發表於 2004-10-20 16:56 | 只看該作者

It is not money but love that ultimately makes us happy.

Money buying happiness? -- it would be a difficult topic to be discussed here without the help of religious thinking and terms. This is because money and happiness are concepts belonging to two very different aspects of life. By asking if and how much money can buy happiness, you are trying to measure the fullness of one's material life and spiritual life and set an exchange rate between them.

In physics, we have done a similar thing, which is Einstein's famous mass-energy equation E=mc^2. However, this mass-energy transformation in physical world can happen only at extreme conditions and requires extreme controls for it to proceed peacefully. I have little good feeling about the formula for it was the greatest threat to mankind in the past century.

Fortunately, in everyday life, things are quite different. Firstly, we still have no ready ways to exchange money with happiness in exclusive and permanent terms. That is, any happiness you can buy with money will fade after the initial excitement. Secondly, we all know there are ways other than money that can bring happiness to us. This is more important because among these "other ways" we find the ultimate source of happiness: love, or the very feeling you experienced when knowing that you are loved by someone.

You may suspect that this is a religious view. Maybe you are right. I agree that I first learned it from a Biblical source which states that we, as human beings, cannot force others to love but only make ourselves to be loved. However, as a person essentially with no religious beliefs, I can attest that the happiness that arises from the feeling of being loved has more staying power to be with me. Actually, I was so used to it that I almost forgot its existence and origin. However, I have no doubt that if I try I can do it, that is, to make myself to be loved, by one person, for one thing, and at one moment, and that if I keep doing I will have a larger feeling of this happiness that also lasts longer.

Money can bring happiness. Love can bring happiness, too, and will do it better.

This is my religion-based, non-religion interpretation of the money-happiness relationship. What do you think?

References: The Interview with God for which a plain text of the dialogue is provided.

(P.S. This was based on a short note I wrote after reading the dialogue of The Interview with God. I liked the dialogue and decided to make a copy of it for later review. While typing in the words, I had the time to think and digest. And once more, it stroke a chord on the back of my mind. To share my feeling with all of you, I modified and expanded the note to make it readable. -A)
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼新手上路

留學海龜(十四級)

積分
牽牛 發表於 2004-10-28 01:21 | 只看該作者
「Money can/can't buy happiness」. It depends on different life experience and different understanding of this two words.

In all the stories I have read, money is not everything it is what they are always telling. However, the reality is often cruel. In normal life nowadays, the good side of mankind is been sealed deep inside the heart, or even been completely tossed away, and the dark side is been revealed, in order for you to survive in the society. The more people think about is money. For money, people can marry to the person they don't like, or even hate. For money, people can betray their friend and love.
Most people think that the more money you got the better. I think that money is not the goal of your life. I think that if you can meet someone who really understand and care about you, then, I think you have already found the purpose of life. Does anything else matters by then? Of course, you have to can at least feed yourself first .
冷風吹散了一季的夢,來來去去的我,紅塵中浮浮沉沉的愛。而我在原處停留,寒風吹落了一地的秋,隱隱約約的痛。人群中起起落落的夢,有你在遠處等我,任憑我的心走走又停停,你卻從不曾放棄。 用盡三生三世的真情,換來一世的美麗,任憑你的情從不曾忘記,而等待卻是無期。用盡三生三世的真心, 換來一世的回憶。
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
平安貝兒 發表於 2004-11-10 05:22 | 只看該作者
When i think about this topic, i was just confused by myself, what does happiness mean? A pursuit of life, or just a state of life?

Of course money can not buy happiness, if happiness means love, safty, family, friendship, care, health, and so on. A millionaire would die from a bullet in the war if the country is not safe, he or she would die because of loneliness or sickness. So, money hardly can buy happiness, but we have to agree it does help sometime.

If happiness just means happy time, it could be bought with money. A good house, a group of friends, a nice party, a lot of things can make us happy, with the help of money.

I suppose everybody knows that with money you can achieve thousands of impossible goals. Although the purpose of life is to living a happy life, looking after your beloved or making the life meaningful, money is something we have to depend on somehow.

I just lost myself and don't know what i wanna say,
Life is like a box of chocolate, you just never know what you will get.... @ Claire @
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

大一新生(四級)

積分
吶喊 發表於 2004-11-12 00:06 | 只看該作者
We need money,everything need money except happiness.Because we only need love,not money
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼新手上路

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
jcais 發表於 2004-11-17 22:52 | 只看該作者
put it this way,
of course "money can't buy everything",
but "without money, can't buy anything".
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
平安貝兒 發表於 2004-11-18 01:19 | 只看該作者
Jcais,you are always so rational!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼新手上路

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
jcais 發表於 2004-11-18 02:12 | 只看該作者
now i see 貝兒's silver tongue again. :p
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
平安貝兒 發表於 2004-11-18 02:34 | 只看該作者
just tell you the truth, hehe!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼新手上路

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
jcais 發表於 2004-11-18 18:46 | 只看該作者
well, the truth is "no money, no honey".
never underestimate "the power of money".
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

留學博士后(十二級)

積分
平安貝兒 發表於 2004-11-18 22:50 | 只看該作者
see!but the topic is somehow right: Happiness could not always be bought with money. some people are not rich but they are happy, some people rich but no happiness.
Life is like a box of chocolate, you just never know what you will get.... @ Claire @
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親會員《無級》

積分
阿故 發表於 2004-11-18 23:19 | 只看該作者
money can't buy everything",
but "without money, can't buy anything".
quite right!!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-5-24 05:50

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表