眾所周知,美國上個世紀六十年代初加州洛杉磯三藩市一代發生過嚴重的空氣污染情況。 有時情形可能比現在的北京更為嚴重。美國著名幽默音樂人Tom Lehere六十年代初寫了一首有名的歌曲叫「Pollution(污染)", 足以反映當時的情況。時過境遷,今日的加州所幸已是藍天白雲,空氣清新。我們來看看當時的情況,這裡有美式的幽默,有民眾的無奈。
鑒於咱們是中文網站,還是把它譯成中文,譯得不好,請大家批評指正。
If you visit American city, 假如你去到一個美國的城市,
You will find it very pretty. 你會發現它非常美麗。
Just two things of which you must beware: 但你得需要了解兩件事:
Don't drink the water and don't breathe the air! 不要喝水不要呼吸!
Pollution, pollution! 污染,污染!
They got smog and sewage and mud. 他們有霧霾,下水道的外泄污水和泥漿。
Turn on your tap 打開水龍頭
And get hot and cold running crud! 流出來的是熱的和冷的濁湯!
See the halibuts and the sturgeons 看比目魚和鱘魚
Being wiped out by detergeons. 用洗衣粉來檫洗。
Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly, 魚兒要游呀鳥兒要飛,
But they don't last long if they try. 飛也飛不高來游不了多一會。
Pollution, pollution! 污染,污染啊,
You can use the latest toothpaste, 你可以用最新的牙膏來刷牙,
And then rinse your mouth 然後漱口檫嘴
With industrial waste. 用的是工業廢水。
Just go out for a breath of air 到戶外去呼吸一下空氣看看
And you'll be ready for Medicare. 你得要準備好看病去醫院。
The city streets are really quite a thrill - 城市的街道真是恐怖---
If the hoods don't get you, the monoxide will. 假如汽車尾氣沒整倒你,還有一氧化碳。
Pollution, pollution! 污染,污染啊!
Wear a gas mask and a veil. 戴個防毒面具或者面罩。
Then you can breathe, 然後就可以呼吸了,
Long as you don't inhale! 只呼不吸,如果你能做得到!
Lots of things there that you can drink, 有太多的飲品供你來挑,
But stay away from the kitchen sink! 可你要遠離廚房水槽!
The breakfast garbage that you throw into the Bay 早餐的垃圾剛從灣區出去
They drink at lunch in San Jose.* 聖荷西的人們在午餐時就喝到了。
So go to the city, 去那座城市吧,去!
See the crazy people there. 看看那裡瘋狂的人們,
Like lambs to the slaughter, 猶如待宰的羔羊,
They're drinking the water 他們在喝著水,
And breathing [cough] the air! 在 呼吸著(咳著嗽)空氣!
歌曲視頻: