倍可親

回復: 0

李娜的退役告別信:跟娜姐學習英文寫作

[複製鏈接]
魔之右手 發表於 2014-10-1 21:40 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

My dear friends,
  親愛的朋友們:
  For close to fifteen years, we've been a part of each other's lives. As a tennis player representing China on the global stage, I've trekked around the world playing hundreds of matches on the WTA tour, for China's Fed Cup team, at the National Games and at several Olympic Games. You've always been there for me, supporting me, cheering me on, and encouraging me to reach my potential。
  近15年來,我們都是彼此生活的一部分。作為一名代表中國在國際賽場上征戰的網球運動員,我經歷了上百場的比賽,其中包括WTA巡迴賽,作為聯合會杯中國隊隊員,我也參加了全運會和幾屆奧運會。這期間有你們一直陪在我身邊,支持我,鼓勵我,激勵我發掘自己更多的潛力。
  Representing China on the tennis court was an extraordinary privilege and a true honor. Having the unique opportunity to effectively bring more attention to the sport of tennis in China and all over Asia is something I will cherish forever. But in sport, just like in life, all great things must come to an end。
  我能夠擁有這樣非同尋常的機會,在網球賽場上代表中國,是我至高無上的榮譽。通過這樣的機會,我希望能夠吸引更多的關注到中國甚至全亞洲的網球運動中, 這也將會是我一生的事業。但是,即便如此,職業生涯就像是人生,它們都會有終點。
  2014 has become one of the most significant years in my career and my life. This year was full of amazing highlights, which included winning my second Grand Slam singles title at the Australian Open and sharing the extraordinary experience with my country, my team, my husband and my fans. It was also a year filled with difficult moments, such as having to deal with the inevitable - making the decision to end my professional tennis career。
  2014年是我職業生涯乃至人生中最重要的一年之一,充滿了亮點。在2014澳大利亞公開賽上,我取得了女單冠軍,贏得了個人第二座大滿貫。我很高興我能夠把這份特殊的喜悅和經歷與我的祖國,我的團隊,我的丈夫及我的球迷共同分享。但同時,這也是艱難的一年,需要面對很多不得不面對的事情,例如做出結束我網球職業生涯的決定。
  The amazing moment in Australia was filled with joy, happiness and extraordinary sense of accomplishment. The task of finally making a decision to hang up my racquet felt a lot more difficult than winning seven matches in a row in the Australian heat. It took me several agonizing months to finally come to the decision that my chronic injuries will never again let me be the tennis player that I can be. Walking away from the sport, effective immediately, is the right decision for me and my family。
  在澳大利亞的時光固然充滿了喜悅、幸福,以及一種特殊的成就感。但做出放下球拍的決定,比在澳大利亞的高溫中連續贏下7場比賽要艱難許多。在之前我苦惱了幾個月,最終,長期以來的傷病讓我不能再像以前一樣。儘管我做出了100%的努力去爭取參加第一次在我家鄉舉辦的比賽,但是,作為一個職業的網球運動員,現在離開賽場對我來說是最正確的決定。
  Most people in the tennis world know that my career has been marked by my troubled right knee. The black brace I wear over it when I step on the court has become my tennis birth mark. And while the brace completes my tennis look, the knee problems have at times overtaken my life。
  很多朋友知道我右膝的傷病一直"伴隨"著我的職業生涯,每當我踏入賽場時,人們都會看到我右膝處的黑色護膝,它就像我胎記一樣。儘管我對它已習以為常,但膝蓋病發還是會時不時讓我疼痛難忍。
  After four knee surgeries and hundreds of shots injected into my knee weekly to alleviate swelling and pain, my body is begging me to stop the pounding. My previous three surgeries were on my right knee. My most recent knee surgery took place this July and was on my left knee. After a few weeks of post-surgery recovery, I tried to go through all the necessary steps to get back on the court。
  我的雙膝已經經歷四次手術,前三次手術都是在我的右膝,最後一次在7月份的手術是我的左膝。同時,為了減輕膝蓋的腫脹和疼痛,我每周還需要接受注射治療,至今已經有上百次了。而現在,我的身體再也承受不起任何重創。最近那次手術之後,即使經歷了幾周的術后恢復,我也用盡了每一絲的力氣,試圖回到賽場。
  While I've come back from surgery in the past, this time it felt different. One of my goals was to recover as fast as I could in order to be ready for the first WTA tournament in my hometown of Wuhan. As hard as I tried to get back to being 100%, my body kept telling me that, at 32, I will not be able to compete at the top level ever again. The sport is just too competitive, too good, to not be 100%。
  但是,和以前術后重回賽場相比,這次不一樣了。哪怕我用盡自己全部的力量,我的身體卻一直告訴我,32歲的我,再也不會在行業的最高水平中競爭了。網球這項運動的競爭激烈,對運動員要求完美,而我,再也不能回到從前百分之百的狀態了。
  Winning a Grand Slam title this year and achieving a ranking of World No.2 is the way I would like to leave competitive tennis. As hard as it's been to come to this decision, I am at peace with it. I have no regrets. I was not supposed to be here in the first place, remember? Not many people believed in my talent and my abilities, yet I found a way to persevere, to prove them (and sometimes myself!) wrong。
  贏得大滿貫,獲得世界排行第二名,這是我選擇帶著這樣的榮譽離開網球賽場。儘管做出這一決定的過程非常艱難,但是我對發生的這一切都很平靜,不會後悔。我甚至從一開始就不應該出現在這裡,你們記得嗎?最初有很多人不相信我的天賦和能力,但是我最終證明了他們(有時甚至是我自己)是錯誤的。
  I've succeeded on the global stage in a sport that a few years ago was in its infancy in China. What I've accomplished for myself is beyond my wildest dreams. What I accomplished for my country is one of my most proud achievements。
  網球這項運動這些年在中國發展的非常快,而現在我已經在這項運動的世界舞台上取得了成功。我所獲得的成就遠遠超出了我的夢想,為國家獲得的榮譽也是我個人最驕傲的成績。
  In 2008, there were two professional women's tennis tournaments in China. Today, there are 10, one of them in Wuhan, my hometown. That to me is extraordinary! Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams – with thirty Grand Slam singles titles among them - are coming to my hometown to play tennis for the fans of China! Just as I didn't think I could ever be a Grand Slam champion, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that some of the best female athletes in the world could play tennis in Wuhan, in my backyard。
  2008年,中國只有兩項專業女子網球賽事。今年,中國已經舉辦了10個專業女子網球賽事。其中一場就在我的家鄉--武漢。屆時會有包括威廉姆斯姐妹、莎拉波娃等球星參賽,她們將帶著贏得過30座大滿貫單打冠軍的榮譽來到我的家鄉,為中國球迷們帶來精彩的比賽。就像我從來沒想過能獲得大滿貫一樣,我也從來沒有想到有一天,世界最著名的女子運動員能夠來到武漢,來到我的家鄉,為大家帶來精彩紛呈的網球比賽。
  My contributions to the growth of the sport in China are very special to me. But I don't want to stop here. Together with IMG, my management company, we are putting together various plans on how we will continue to grow the sport of tennis in China. These plans include opening the Li Na Tennis Academy, which will provide scholarships for the future generation of Chinese tennis stars. I will also stay involved in the Right to Play, an organization dedicated to helping underprivileged children overcome challenges through sport. My philanthropic work will expand in scope as I continue to dedicate myself to helping those in need. What was once just a dream in China today is a reality。
  能為中國體育發展做出微薄的貢獻,對我自己而言也有特殊的意義。就此,我不會停歇,我將和我的經紀公司一起,制定各項促進中國網球發展的計劃。包括開辦"李娜網球學校",學院將會為下一代的中國網球明星提供獎學金。另外,我也會參與"Right to Play"兒童樂益會公益組織,致力於幫助生活貧困和身處困境的兒童和青少年,幫助他們通過體育的力量戰勝挑戰。隨著我從事的慈善事業的繼續,涉及範圍也會擴展,曾經的夢想如今也會成為現實。
  On a personal side, I look forward to starting a new chapter of my life, hopefully having a family and reconnecting with those I did not have the luxury of spending a lot of time with while playing. I can't wait to revisit all the amazing places I played tennis in and see the world through a new set of eyes. I look forward to slowing down and living my life at a new, slower, relaxed pace。
  個人方面,我非常期待開始我人生新的篇章。我希望能多花一點時間和家人在一起,以前打球的時候這些事件都是很奢侈的,現在我想儘力去彌補我的家人。我很想再去一遍那些我曾經打過球的地方,這一次不用比賽,而是用一雙不同的眼睛看看這些可愛的地方。我願意在一個讓人放鬆的地方安靜的開始和家人的新生活。
  Tennis is an individual sport and as players, our job is to spend a lot of time focusing on ourselves. But no player can ever become a champion alone and nobody knows this better than me. There isn't enough space here to thank everyone who has travelled on my journey with me and contributed to my success. But I must thank those that have stuck with me through the highs and the lows and have helped me become the person that I am today。
  網球是一項個人運動,作為網球運動員,我們的工作就是花很多時間關注自己的狀態。但是,沒有人比我更清楚,沒有一個運動員能夠只靠一個人的力量成為冠軍。這裡由於篇幅有限,不能對陪伴我走過職業生涯、對我的成功付出汗水的人們一一表示感謝,但是我必須感謝那些無論高潮還是低谷都陪伴著我的人,是你們成就了今天的我。
  THANK YOU TO:
  感謝你們:
  • My mother – for your never-ending support. Through the laughs and the tears, you've always been there for me。
  我的母親-感謝您無限的幫助和支持。不管是歡笑還是淚水,您永遠都陪在我身邊。
  • My father – you were taken away from me way too early and I haven't been the same since. You've remained the sunshine in my life and I am who I am because of you。
  我的父親-您太早前就離開了我的生命,這完全改變了我整個人生。您是我生命中的太陽,因為您我才成就了今天的我。
  • Jiang Shan – you've been by my side for 20 years. You are my everything and I am grateful to have shared my life with you。
  姜山-你陪伴我已經20年了。你是我的全部,我也很感激能和你共享人生。
  • My first coaches Ms. Xia Xiyao and Ms. Yu Liqiao - for putting me on the tennis path。
  啟蒙教練-夏溪瑤教練和余麗橋教練,是你們把我帶上了網球之路。
  • Madame Sun and the Chinese Tennis Association - thank you for being trailblazers for tennis in China。
  中國網球協會,孫晉芳女士-感謝你們為中國網球事業做出的開拓性的貢獻。
  • Mr. Hu Dechun and the Hubei Sports Bureau – for understanding me and supporting me through the years。
  湖北省體育局,胡德春局長-感謝體育局多年來對我的理解和支持。
  • Women's Tennis Association – for your passion for women's tennis and hard work growing it around the world。
  女子網球協會-感謝你們對女子網球的熱情,以及為全球女子網球的發展做出的辛勤努力。
  • Mr. Chan Hongchang – for supporting me when I first decided to become a professional tennis player in 2008. You helped me make up my mind。
  香港的陳鴻昌先生-感謝您在2008年當我最初決定要成為一名職業的網球運動員時給予我很大的幫助,是您讓我堅定了我的決心。
  • Thomas Hogstedt – for introducing me to professional tennis。
  Thomas Hogstedt(托馬斯·赫格斯泰德)-是您把我帶入了職業的網球運動。
  • Michael Mortenson – for helping me win my first Grand Slam。
  Michael Mortenson(邁克爾·莫特森)-感謝帶我拿到第一個大滿貫。
  • Carlos Rodriguez – for pushing me beyond the limits I thought I could reach。
  Carlos Rodriguez(卡洛斯·羅德里格斯)-你引導我超越極限。
  • Alex Stober – for taking care of me all of these years and pulling me together when I was falling apart。
  Alex Stober(阿歷克斯·斯托貝爾)謝謝你這麼多年對我的照顧,以及在我最低谷的時候給我鼓勵。
  • Erich Rembeck and Johannes Wieber – for finding a way to make me pain free, over and over again。
  Erich Rembeck(埃里希·羅密貝克)和Johannes Wieber(約翰尼斯·維貝爾)-感謝你們幫助我一次又一次的遠離傷病和痛苦。
  • Fred Zhang and the Nike team – you've been my guiding light, my support system and my biggest cheerleader. I will never forget it。
  張楠和耐克團隊-你們是我的指明燈、我的支持力量和我最強大的啦啦隊長。我永遠不會忘記你們。
  • To my agent Max Eisenbud and the entire IMG Team - for being the best management company in the world and for taking care of me every day。
  Max Eisenbud(麥克斯·埃森巴德)和IMG公司-你們是最棒的團隊,感謝你們對我的照顧和幫助。
  • To all the sponsors that have supported me through every stage of my career。
  我所有的贊助商們-感謝你們在我職業生涯的每個階段給予我的支持。
  • To my relatives, friends, and everyone who has helped me throughout my career – for always being there for me and for your never-ending support。
  我的親屬、朋友以及每一位給予我職業生涯幫助過的人們-感謝你們長期以來的陪伴和支持。
  • To my fellow tennis players – for being a part of my journey all of these years. I have so much respect for all of you。
  我的同行球手們-你們是我職業生涯的一部分。我非常感激和尊重你們所有人。
  • To everyone in the media who's covered my career and helped the growth of tennis in China and around the world。
  媒體朋友們-感謝你們關注並且報道我的網球生涯,促進網球在中國及全世界的發展。
  • To the amazing tennis fans around the world – for your unyielding support of our sport and for playing every tennis match along with me。
  全球的網球粉絲們-感謝你們對網球這項運動堅定的支持,也感謝你們陪伴我每一場比賽。
  • And lastly, to tennis fans in China – for getting on the bandwagon and staying on it! I am grateful to each and every one of you for pushing me to be my best, embracing me and loving me unconditionally. There is no limit to how far we can take the sport of tennis in China, together。
  最後,感謝中國的粉絲們-感謝你們追隨網球的潮流並不離不棄。我非常感謝你們每一個人無條件地給我愛和力量。讓我達到一個又一個頂峰。有了你們,中國網球的發展將永無止境。
  When I started playing tennis, I was just a neighborhood kid with an after-school hobby, not realizing what magical journey lay ahead of me. If I only knew what a vehicle the sport of tennis, along with my success, would become for my beloved China. While my journey hasn't been easy, it has been rewarding. I've seen change happening in front of my eyes, young girls picking up tennis racquets, setting goals, following their hearts and believing in themselves. I hope that I've had the opportunity to inspire young women all over China to believe in themselves, to set their goals high and pursue them with vengeance and self-belief。
我最開始打網球的時候,只是一個鄰家小女孩,打網球只是我的課餘愛好,我完全沒有想到我面前有如此神奇和美好的網球之旅。當時誰能想到網球對於我摯愛的祖國意味著什麼呢?即便我的職業旅程並不是一帆風順,但是它還是值得的。我看見變化就在我眼前發生,小女孩拿起網球拍,制定目標,跟隨她的內心並且相信自己。我希望我的經歷和故事能夠激勵更多的中國年輕女孩,讓她們相信自己,為自己設立目標並永不言敗。
  Whether you want to be a tennis player, a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher or a business leader, I urge you to believe in yourself and follow your dream. If I could do it, you can too! Be the bird that sticks out. With hard work, your dreams will come true。
  無論你想成為網球運動員、醫生、律師、老師還是一個商人,我都希望你相信自己,追隨自己的夢想,堅持到底。我能做到,你也可以。只要努力,最終一定會實現自己的夢想!
  LI NA
  李娜
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-3-29 23:08

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表