帖子

積分

貝殼網友一級

新新移民(六級)

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
darkwalker 發表於 2005-10-29 04:48 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
I have an opportunity to attend a job interview in next week.
but i am so nervious with it after  3ys being at home,
i really hope to get this job. the job position is held in the college office.

Can someone tell me how to prapare for interview?
normally what will they ask.........
oh, I am so worried..........
Please help me~~~~~~~~ [:464:]  [:457:]
愛總是讓人哭
讓人覺得不滿足
天空很大卻看不清楚
好孤獨
天黑黑.......

主題

帖子

積分

四星貝殼精英

留學海龜(十四級)

積分
沙發
zzyzx 發表於 2005-10-29 07:18 | 只看該作者
I am glad to hear you have the opportunity. I wish I would have one next week as well. Good luck!

As to tricky interview questions, I used to have a list but can』t find it now. I will try my best to see if I can locate it. Per my observation and experience, many times we want a job not because it fits us perfectly, while we financially need one. We always can find out later if we like it or not. I am assuming this is not an executive position for a big company, so feel relaxed, build your confidence and treat it as your first date. Don』t tell me you have never had a date. There is nothing you can lose during the interview except an opportunity. Plus you really don』t know how good it will be.  Here is what I can pull out to help you prepare the interview:

1. Learn the name of the interviewer. Different than a HR manager, your supervisor will question you more technically
2. Research the company and have something in mind about the job if you can
3. Review your qualifications for the position and update your resume if necessary
4. Practice interview with a friend or family member, and practice again and again
5. Dress appropriately, but hard to define if you are a girl.
6. Arrive on time or before the scheduled time of the interview
7. Answer questions concisely with good manners and avoid discussing in details
8. Eye contact is very important but make sure it looks natural
9. Ask questions about the job and the company
10. Thank the interviewer when leaving
11. Follow up in writing
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親智囊會員(十八級)

積分
Adelyn 發表於 2005-10-29 07:22 | 只看該作者
[:460:][:460:]
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

禁止訪問

倍可親高級會員(十七級)

積分
cwjjzhou 發表於 2005-10-29 07:33 | 只看該作者
Four steps to success at interviews

Know yourself:
know what your skills and exdperience are. What are your strengths, weaknesses and career goals?  a common question is "tell me something about yourself"

Know the company, know the postition:
THis means doing research. You should do "occupational" research and "company" research. A common question " why do you leave your former job?" "what makes you think we'll accept you?"and son on.

Know How your skills and experience fit the job:

this takes some creative thinking. If you have been writing your resume lately, then you are ahead of the game.

Know what information to get and to give:
Remember that you need enough information to decide if you want this job. the employer needs enough information about you to decide if she/he wants you. Don't hesitate asking the pay, remember it's your right.

Communicaition in an interview

First impressions are lasting impressions. It is of paramount importance to present the right image. Presentaion starts from the moment you enter the building until you leave the building.

Enthusiasm makes the difference

Tnthusiasm and a positive attitude should be evident in every aspect of your presention as it is a powerful means of persuasion.

Wasys to Demonstrate sincere Enthusiasm

Posture:  Keep your head up, chin lifted, back straight and shoulders back and down. When you want to communicate enthusiasm in what you are saying or hearing, lean forward slightly.

Smile: An enthusiastic smile is a big smile that communicates great pleasure in what one is doing or about to do. Smiling helps alleviate nervousness and the perception of nervousness.

Eyes:  Keep your eyes wide open. Attentive eyes demonstrate an eagerness to listen and learn. They also make you appear alert and keen.

Hand shake: Grip teh interviewer's hand firmly. Squeeze it slightly. Shake it in a controlled way. Once or twice. Smile. Avoid a loose, weak handshake at all costs as confidence is associated with a strong handshake.

VOice:  Animated speech portrays enthusiasm. Change voice infleciton and volume to achieve a desired effect.

Language:  Avoid phrases that make you appear unsure or less confident. "I guess", " I'm not sure, but..." and "I only..." have no place in an interview presentation.

Groooming

Hair should be a suitable length, washed, neatly combed and trimmed;

Clothes should be suitable to the environment. Generally speaking, men should wear a suit and women either a suit or an appropriate dress. Always keep the environment and the job in mind;

Clothes should be neat and freshly ironed;

Keep jewellery, make-up and perfume or aftershave to a minimum

Polish shoes to a high shine;

don't chew gum or smoke.

You need take some action:  some note-taking in the interview, which means you are interested, professional and on top of things

Direct eye contact, which means you are telling the truth

Sitting forward in the chair-  You are enthusiastic and interested

There are many things worth being careful.

Good luck!!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

3萬

帖子

1萬

積分

六級貝殼核心

倍可親榮譽終生會員(廿級)

積分
baby 發表於 2005-10-29 12:17 | 只看該作者
the above mentioned are quite detail....

all the best to you and good luck.

hope to hear the good news from you ^_^
☆★世上有些緣份是好緣,
有些時候也要放棄,有些緣份根本就不算甚麽★☆
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

二星貝殼精英

積分
bluepolish 發表於 2005-10-29 13:31 | 只看該作者
with my late & best wishes as well.
Wish you sucessful.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友一級

新新移民(六級)

積分
 樓主| darkwalker 發表於 2005-10-29 15:40 | 只看該作者
thank you everyone, especially thank mingyu73 and zzyzx gave such detail advices.

my weaknesses don't know how to answer "tell me something about yourself",

also before finished interview they normally will ask : do you have any questions?

i think these two are the most tough questions to me.(((
愛總是讓人哭
讓人覺得不滿足
天空很大卻看不清楚
好孤獨
天黑黑.......
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

有過貢獻的斑竹

倍可親智囊會員(十八級)

積分
icemessenger 發表於 2005-10-29 17:47 | 只看該作者
Just relax, and don't rush, answer slowly.

Just tell the truth about yourself, maybe your background, your family, your hobbies, your previous experience or something you really good at. Don't forget to check the background of the college, for example the number of students, local or foreign, courses available, etc.

Good luck and try your best!
期望,就是失望的開始...
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

四星貝殼精英

留學海龜(十四級)

積分
zzyzx 發表於 2005-10-30 12:16 | 只看該作者
You can learn a lot about job interview technique through web search, including many tough interview questions. No matter how well you prepare for the interview, it』s hard to cover all. Here are the key questions with my suggestions on how to respond for your reference. You should think about the questions yourself and figure out the best way to answer them from your standpoint at the interview:

1. Tell me about yourself.

Keep it brief, less than 5 minutes and summarize your resume as a base to start.

2. Tell me about your strengths.

List a few that can be related to the company.

3. Tell me about your weaknesses.

Don』t say no. You can score high by turning the negative question to a positive answer. It』s hard to balance.

4. How long would you plan to stay with us?

As long as the company and you can grow.

5. What are you expecting where you are with us in five years?

Don』t talk about something too big. Focus on your growth technically with the company.

6. Tell me how you handle multiple things or projects at the same time.  

Tell the interviewer you always prioritize the things at hand. Plan them before act. You get used to doing things under pressure.

7. What kind of salary do you have in mind?

Give a range of what you understand you are worth.

8. Why would you like to work for us?

Talk about what they need for the job. You want to be part of their success.

9. Why should we hire you? List your strengths, knowledge and experience, your positive attitude.

Besides that, you can ask them who your immediate supervisor is , what the daily responsibilities are, how long the probation is, what benefits they offer such as retirement plans, medical insurance, vacation days, etc.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

貝殼網友一級

新新移民(六級)

積分
 樓主| darkwalker 發表於 2005-10-31 01:11 | 只看該作者
thanks  zzyzx,
also wanna share below article with you guys which found on the web.

英語面試實戰指南

I:Interviewer(面試者)A:Applicant(求職者)

介紹教育背景:簡明扼要,實話實說

儘管你在簡歷中對自己的教育背景作了介紹,但在面試時,面試官還有可能就此方面提問。還是事先做點準備吧。

①Iwhat is your majort

AMy major is Business Administration. I am especially interested in″Marketing″.

(不僅回答了問題,還順帶一句介紹了自己較為感興趣的方面,簡明扼要。)

②IWhich university are you attendingt

AI am attending×××University.

③IHave you received any degreest

AYes. First I received my Bachelor degree in English Literature and then an MBA degree.

④IWhat course did you like bestt

AProject Management. I was very interested in this course when I was a student. And I think it's very useful for my present work.

⑤IDo you feel that you have received a good general trainingt

AYes I have studied in an English train-ing program and a computer training program since I graduated from university. I am currently studying Finance at a training school.

介紹工作經驗:顯露實力,避免炫耀

①IHave you ever been employedt

②IYour resume says you have had one-year experience working in a foreign representative office in Shanghai may I ask why you leftt

AI worked in a foreign rep.office for one year.HoweverI left there two years ago because the work they gave me was rather dull.I found another job that is more interesting.

③IHave you done any work in this fieldt

④IWhat qualifications do you have that make you feel you will be successful in your fieldt

⑤IWhat have you learned from the jobs you have hadt

AI have learned a lot about business know how and basic office skills. In addition I learned at my previous job show to cooperate with my colleagues.

⑥IWhat's you major weak pointt

AI haven't been involved in international business so I don't have any experience but I have studied this course in the International Business Training Center of the ×××Company.

⑦IWhat are your greatest strengthst(實話實說好了,不必客氣,但應注意語氣和表情,不要給人炫耀之感。)

⑧IPlease tell me about your working experience.

⑨IDoes your present employer know you are looking for another jobt

ANo I haven't discussed my career plans with my present employer but I am sure he will understand.

性格愛好:表現積極、合作的一面

①IHow do you spend your spare timet

②IAre you interested in sportst

③IDo you think you are introverted or extrovertedt

④IWhat kind of personality do you think you havet

AI always approach things very enthusiastically. When I beg in something I don't like to leave it halfdone. I can't concentrate on something new until the first thing is finished.

⑤IWhat is the most important thing for you to be happyt

ADifferent people have different ideas. I think the most important thing for me is having a good relationship with my family members and my friends. My family has always been very closeknit and my friend sand I spend a lot of time together. Without that I would be much less happy than I am.

⑥IWhat makes you angryt

ADishonesty. It's unacceptable.

⑦IWhat are your personal weaknessest

AI'm  I'm a poor talker. I'm not comfortable talking with the people whom I have just met for the first time. That is not very good for business so I have been studying public speaking.

⑧IAre you more of a leader or a followert

AI don't try to lead people. I'd rather cooperate with everybody and get the job done by working together.

工作要求:我能勝任

①IDo you think you can make yourself easily understood in Englisht

AYes in most circumstances.

②IAre you available for travelt

AYes I like traveling. I am young and unmarried. It's no problem for me to travel frequently.

③IHow about overtime workt

AOvertime work is very common in companies. I can work overtime if it's necessary but I don't think we will work overtime everyday.

④IHow long do you think we can depend on your working heret

⑤IDo you like regular workt

ANo I don't like regular work. I am interested in different projects with new opport unities and new challenge but I can do regular work if the company needs me to do so.

⑥IWhat salary do you expectt

AShall we discuss my responsibilities with your company firsttI think salary is closely related to the responsibilities of the job.

⑦IDo you work well under pressuret

AWorking under pressure is exciting and challenging. I don't mind working under pressure. I work well under the secircum stances. People can I Can.

⑧IDo you have any particular conditions that you would like the company to take into considerationt

ANonothing in particular.

⑨IHow soon can you begin working for ust

AI need about two to three weeks for necessary formalities. I will quit then transfer to your company.

面試結束:禮貌道別

①IAny questionst

AWhen will I know your decisiont

②IHow can we get in touch with yout

③IWe will notify you of our decision by mail is this convenient for yout

④IThank you for your interest in our company.

AThank you Mr.Smith. Goodbye.Thank you for your time.

⑤IYou will be hearing from us very soon. Please send the next applicantin on your way out.

AOK.Thank you very much.

此外,面試官還可能問及你的家庭情況,如家人對你的影響等,也應事先有所準備。
愛總是讓人哭
讓人覺得不滿足
天空很大卻看不清楚
好孤獨
天黑黑.......
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

註冊會員

大一新生(四級)

積分
jzhou5 發表於 2005-10-31 13:33 | 只看該作者
May you  find a good job,darkwalker.The information also benefits me a lot.Thanks.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

關於本站 | 隱私權政策 | 免責條款 | 版權聲明 | 聯絡我們

Copyright © 2001-2013 海外華人中文門戶:倍可親 (http://big5.backchina.com) All Rights Reserved.

程序系統基於 Discuz! X3.1 商業版 優化 Discuz! © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

本站時間採用京港台時間 GMT+8, 2024-4-23 14:13

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表