Why wouldn't Chris Brown date Adele?
克里斯·布朗為什麼不和阿黛爾談戀愛?
Because he would be punching above his own weight
因為那樣可就是越級打怪了呀……
(英語習語「punch above one's (own) weight」——「向比自己更高重量級的對手出拳」,指去做自己做不到的事)
As I snuggled up to this woman I met in the pub, I said, "We can have some alone time now. I've put your kids to sleep."
我湊上前去摟住這個在酒吧里認識的姑娘,說:「現在我們可以單獨共處一會兒了哦。你的孩子我已經讓他們好好睡了。」
"How did you do it so quickly?," she asked.
「哎,你是怎麼這麼快就做到的呀?」她問。
"It wasn't too difficult," I replied, "I'm a vet."
「沒什麼難的啦,」我說,「我是獸醫嘛。」
(put to sleep雙關「(給寵物)安樂死」)
''Take me somewhere for my 50th that reminds you of me," Asked my wife.
「我50歲生日,你帶我去一個能讓你想起我的地方吧。」妻子要求我。
So I drove her 50 miles to a train station and she asked, "Where are we?"
於是我載著她開車50英里到了一個火車站,她問我:「我們在哪裡呀?」
I said, "Aldwych."
我說:「奧德維奇。」(站名,諧音「old witch——老巫婆」)
backhanded my wife across the face after she asked me 'if it was in'
妻子問我「進來了沒有」,我當即給她反手一個耳光。
I take my tennis very seriously.
網球對我來說可是十分嚴肅的事。
(前句雙關「在不在界內」)