倍可親

標題: 研究表明迪士尼公主文化對女孩們有害(雙語) [列印本頁]

作者: 魔之右手    時間: 2016-6-28 18:31
標題: 研究表明迪士尼公主文化對女孩們有害(雙語)
If you』ve not yet caught wind of the decade-old princess-culture-is-problematic discussion — especially if you』re a parent — you must be actively working to avoid it。 The latest study adding fuel to the fire comes out of Brigham Young University and finds that, yes indeed, folks, the Disney princess obsession can be harmful to girls。

如果你(尤其是為人父母者)還未聽說對於風靡數十年的公主文化問題的討論的話,你應該盡量避免這種文化。楊百翰大學最新的研究為該討論火上澆油。研究表明,對於迪士尼公的沉迷對女孩們有害。

「I think parents think that the Disney princess culture is safe。 That』s the word I hear time and time again — it』s 『safe,』」 lead study author Sarah M。 Coyne of the Mormon institution in Utah noted in a press release。 「But if we』re fully jumping in here and really embracing it, parents should really consider the long-term impact of the princess culture。」

研究首席作者Sarah M。 Coyne在新聞稿中表示:「我認為父母們覺得這些迪士尼公主是無害的。我一遍又一遍地聽他們說這很『安全』。但如果我們真的讓它深入我們的生活的話,父母們應該認真想想這種公主文化的長期影響。」

So, what』s the problem this time around? Same as always, confirmed the study, published in the journal Child Development, which involved the assessment of 198 preschoolers: Lots of engagement with princess culture (whether through movies or toys) can lead to gender-stereotypical behavior as well as self-critical body image。

那麼,這次又是什麼問題呢。和之前的研究一樣,這項在《兒童發展》期刊上出版的研究評估了198名學前兒童,發現通過電影或者玩具大量接觸公主文化可能會導致性別偏見行為和對於自己身體形象的自我批判。

The strict gender stereotypes can become problematic, Coyne observes, if they hold girls back。 「We know that girls who strongly adhere to female gender stereotypes feel like they can』t do some things,」 Coyne said。 「They』re not as confident that they can do well in math and science。 They don』t like getting dirty, so they』re less likely to try and experiment with things。」

Coyne發現嚴重的性別偏見十分有問題,會阻礙女孩們的發展。Coyne說:「我們知道忠守女性偏見的女孩們覺得她們不能做一些事情。她們不覺得自己在數學和科學上能夠取的好成績。她們喜歡整潔,所以她們不太願意嘗試做實驗。」

The researchers found that 96 percent of girls and 87 percent of boys had viewed Disney princess media。 Meanwhile, more than 61 percent of girls played with princess toys at least once a week, while only 4 percent of boys did the same。

研究人員發現96%的女孩和87%的男孩都看過迪士尼,超過61%的女孩每周至少玩一次公主玩偶,而只有4%的男孩會這麼做。

「Disney princesses represent some of the first examples of exposure to the thin ideal,」 Coyne said, echoing the many princess and Barbie critics who have come before her。 「As women, we get it our whole lives, and it really does start at the Disney princess level, at age 3 and 4。」

Coyne和許多對於公主和芭比的批評持相同看法:「迪士尼公主代表了最初的消瘦審美觀。作為女性,我們終身受其影響。而這種影響的的確確是在三四歲時受迪士尼公主影響開始的。」
So, what』s a parent to do, beyond the unrealistic strategy of avoiding any and all princess imagery for the entirety of a girl』s childhood? 「I』d say, have moderation in all things,」 Coyne suggested。 「Have your kids involved in all sorts of activities, and just have princesses be one of many, many things that they like to do and engage with。」 It』s also not a bad idea to discuss the good and bad of Disney Princess culture, she said — not necessarily getting too intense, but pointing out the positives and negatives about the media they consume, which is something Coyne has done with her own daughter。

那麼,除了在孩子的童年時代不切實際地避免一切迪士尼之外,父母還能做些什麼呢?Coyne建議道:「我覺得對於所有的事物都要有節制。讓你的孩子參與到各種活動中,而迪士尼公主們只是他們想做的事情的一部分。」她還說,也可以討論迪士尼公主文化的好與壞,但是不需要太過頻繁,只要指出他們消費的媒體的好與壞即可。這也是Coyne和她女兒相處的方式。

「This study has changed the way I talk to my daughter, the things I focus on, and it』s been really good for me as a parent to learn from this study,」 Coyne said。 「I usually can』t say that my research findings have such a personal impact on my life。」

Coyne說:「這項研究改變了我對女兒的交談方式和重點。作為母親,我從這項研究中受益匪淺。通常我不會覺得我的研究對我自己的私人生活會有這麼大的影響。」

歡迎光臨 倍可親 (https://big5.backchina.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1